Vibrations at high speeds

Hi guys,

Whilst on my to Munich this weekend i made good use of the German Autobahns, however i noticed my clio starts to vibrate at anything over 90mph. I know most cars vibrate at higher speeds but this even makes the Recaro bases and the steering wheel in particular vibrate. I got a bit paranoid so stopped and checked my tyre pressures and bolts etc. but everything seems fine. It could have been the motorway but i doubt it...

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

thanks in advance

bent alloy, i have the same problem. i never parked on a kerb or hit a kerb, probably just a pothole and its enough to bent an alloy.

Hi guys,

Whilst on my to Munich this weekend i made good use of the German Autobahns, however i noticed my clio starts to vibrate at anything over 90mph. I know most cars vibrate at higher speeds but this even makes the Recaro bases and the steering wheel in particular vibrate. I got a bit paranoid so stopped and checked my tyre pressures and bolts etc. but everything seems fine. It could have been the motorway but i doubt it...

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

thanks in advance

Sounds like balancing to me or a weight has dropped off. Is it a steering wheel type shake you are getting? Does it get worse the more over 90mph you go? Is there any sign of minor shake/vibration before you hit 90mph? I'd get it checked out for piece of mind. When I had my wheels repainted, the re-balancing was not done correctly. I had pretty much the same symptoms at Snetterton once beyond a 90-100mph.

I had the bent wheel also, no amount of weights could balance it out :worried:, just bought a second hand alloy off of fleabay eventually

yeah it got much worse at 130mph, my rear alloy is bent i know that for a fact which could be the cause :smile: didn't think of that at all. I'll get the tracking done and now it's a great excuse to get some lighter OZ Ultraluggeras i think :wink:

thanks a lot for the feedback guys!