v6 airbox mod?

What are the advantages of using the V6 Airbox please?

More power/torque, better intake sound.

One of the best mods that I've done.:jase:

EDIT: Do it in the combination with the matched inlets and a proper remap and believe me - you WON'T be disappointed!

After 5000rpm it's a different car just with the V6 airbox.

Last edited:
Im sure i've seen people fitting these and baffling as it is, they lose a couple of bhp on dyno testing. hmm just speculating here.

Im sure i've seen people fitting these and baffling as it is, they lose a couple of bhp on dyno testing. hmm just speculating here.

I'm one of them, though the ECU is causing it. I'm 2bhp down but the ECU caused a 'glitch' in the power runs due to the extra air.

With a re-map it seems to add power and torque.

I was waiting on this new K-Tec ECU but that doesn't seem to be happening so I'll probably end up re-mapping the standard ECU.

Haha i've been waiting for that since Jan 2009 mate, when it was just a month away from production, hmmmmm.

The Ecu can be correctly mapped if you take it the right people. I remember Kevo had a similar problem with his modified airbox and running lean.

The Ecu can be correctly mapped if you take it the right people. I remember Kevo had a similar problem with his modified airbox and running lean.

The same thing I'm having now with the matched inlets. I need to remap the car again. But even with running lean it produced 3bhp & 5Nm more, but in the lower revs there is even more.

Damn Sagem3000 and it's lack of self correction.

Its abit of a pig to work with from a modifiers point of view.

Personally i just got everything fitted at once and had the remap to suit the setup, and just left everything alone.

Its abit of a pig to work with from a modifiers point of view.

Personally i just got everything fitted at once and had the remap to suit the setup, and just left everything alone.

I agree, but didn't have the money to do it all at once, and to be honest - didn't think I would go that far with the mods. :smiley:

Haha i've been waiting for that since Jan 2009 mate, when it was just a month away from production, hmmmmm.

kevs ran bad cause the cams wernt fitted correctly and get changing the timing. and went about it the expensive way to fix it by getting a new ecu. once the cams were sorted it was fine

kevos running lean was due 2 it continiously running the cold map due to a faulty temp sensor.

Well it appears people have several different stories on his situation, and I'm not exactly sure what the case was. However I can only go off what hetold me in person at fcs two years ago.

P.s appologies for hi jacking thread :tongueout:

its was faulty tenp sensor just before he sold it. He did av probs with cams at some point before.