Useless Dealers

Put the car in to have the tracking checked ( nearside front hit pot hole) at Toomeys Basildon. Waited 30 minutes at the Renault service centre having booked the car in only to be told that it was the body shop that did the tracking. Went to the body shop and of course they new nothing about it. So I now have to go back on Monday.

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I wouldn't mind so much but it was the couldn't care less attitude by the service guy. You would have thought that someone would have realized that they don't do tracking at the service centre when I booked the car in. I bet I got the Muppet of the week. They charge £35 if they don't have to adjust, or £57 if they do. The only reason I wanted a Renault dealer to do the job is that they should have the correct information with regard to tracking angles. Rant over.

Last edited:
Most places will have the correct info as its all in a computer system that they simply look up and select the appropriate car. To be honest £57 to have the alignment checked and adjusted sounds a lot. The tyre place near me (with the latest machine for checking tracking) charges £35 to check and adjust. Or you can have it checked And adjusted with their older set up for £20. I think its £5 if nothing needs adjusted on both systems.