Halfords are so useless

Matt197

South West Rep
Why are Halfords the most useless stores on the high street?

Went into my local one to buy a Laser mini pump to pump oil, spent 10min looking around then I asked if they had any in stock and spent another 15min with them trying to find it both in store and on the computer :s

Then I got told to order it online for store pick up and it will be there by tomorrow, fair enough but when I got home I checked online and the Halfords 14mi away said it was in stock so I reserved one and made my way to them.

Get there and they to find that they had not picked it yet and then cant find it :blink: however they decided to charge me before they started to look so I had to wait around for a refund.

This is not the first time this has happened when I have reserved an item, there stock system is crap and so frustrating for the customer. Think this will be the last time I use Halfrauds.

I should have phoned and learned my lesson from previous experience I know.

/rant over

did you leave the correct amount of time between ordering and going to fetch it though? Most click and collect services state at least an hour!

There stock system is crap.

When wanting paint of them to do my wheels, they was looking on the computer and saying they had 2 cans in stock. Could they find them? NO!

"So you haven't got any then?"

Well the system says we have two......................

I can't knock them at the moment to be onset I have had a fair bit of stuff of them and it's been delivered in 2 days and it's free and everything I ordered I got:biggrin:

Private joke?

Anyway, online ordering is never a problem its when I have to go into store and buy something I need that day.

Will just have to order from ebay and wait to the weekend.

I went in halfords today, my rear plate keeps coming unstuck on one end, it sticks back but not for long.

I thought i'd get one of those square mirror sticky pads to hold it down.

They have two in a fancy packet . . .

£4.99 :scared:

I went to the pound shop and bought a roll for, well a pound acctually :smiley:

You got the same problem as me then.I can't get the ends to stick down:worried::worried::worried:

You got the same problem as me then.I can't get the ends to stick down:worried::worried::worried:

On your rear plate roy?

I had that problem on my front one so bought a stick on front plate, no problems with that not sticking :smiley:

No mate on the front the rear is fine.What plate you got on the front please

OMG I read the title and thought to myself "you've only just realised?" :wink:

As for the sticky pads, I have plastered the back of my plates in them now lol!!!

And me ive tried expensive ones cheap ones and none of them stick more than a fortnight

It's because of the curve in the bumper, mine was never great.

No mate on the front the rear is fine.What plate you got on the front please

I bought one of these from ebay.

It might seem expensive for a stick on plate, i thought so too as i ordered it but they were the only ones offering the GB euro thing and a border.

plate003.jpg

When it came i was pleasantly suprised at the quality, not at all like the one on my trackday car, it's smooth like a perspex plate, you can't feel the letters/badge at all but it's completely flexible.

I just made sure i had a smooth surface to stick it too, had to trim off the burs from the first number plate holes that'd been on there and remove a renault barcode sticker, gave it a clean, measured the plate and marked the centre, measured the plate recess and marked that centre, taped it on with masking tape then when i was happy it was centred, peeled off half the backing and stuck it down.

Only downside was i lost my 197.net badge from the last one. if they could make them with the sites logo it'd be fantastic.

Last edited:
did you leave the correct amount of time between ordering and going to fetch it though? Most click and collect services state at least an hour!

One Click & Collect I used required you to wait until the next day before you could pick it up. Nether-the-less I rang the store myself, asked if they had it (which they did) and asked them to put it to one side whilst I came down, which they did.

Click and Collect is pathetic sometimes.

halfords is ****!

I went in get some meg gold class shampoo but they were out of stock.
So they told me get more end of the week so came back & still out of stock again!
This time they going to save one for me but later this week went back, they said oh we have give it someone else!!

Oh ffs I walk out.