Used F1 prices

hi all,

I've got my car up for sale at the moment and having difficulty selling. apart form being let down by 2 buyers all i've had is crap part ex offers, not even getting people offering way below which is strange.

4 months ago i sold the car for 10k but had to pull out due to work commitments being extended now i want to sell but for something newer and it seems to bre a very bad market. is mine still overpriced? it's one for the cheapest on autotrader at £9299.

got offered a trade in price but it's not quite enough.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2822

its cus the market is dead mate. every1 wants a 200 @£209 a month or whatever they are doing em at. a 10k loan wud cost u more than that over 3 years i think

Agree ^^

+ a couple of additions,

Just like the arctic blue 182's the Albi blue colour is a very difficult colour to shift- I sold one in April reduced to 10250- with an extended Warrenty-

Also with blacked out windows & those black wheels it looks modified-
you have then lost a lot of appeal even at that list price-

I think that may be going sub 9-

S

hi all,

I've got my car up for sale at the moment and having difficulty selling. apart form being let down by 2 buyers all i've had is crap part ex offers, not even getting people offering way below which is strange.

4 months ago i sold the car for 10k but had to pull out due to work commitments being extended now i want to sell but for something newer and it seems to bre a very bad market. is mine still overpriced? it's one for the cheapest on autotrader at £9299.

got offered a trade in price but it's not quite enough.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2822

Would you consider swapping the wheels for mine plus some cash from me or some other arrangement? You reckon standard rims might help the sale? I've got anthracite raiders on my cup - same as standard F1's - and they're totally immaculate.

I've been wanting black rims since bought my 197 - 2 birds, one stone?
:w00t:

I think they are being priced to low ,this makes people think they are not a safe buy.
They will intime pick up as the Williams did ,but for know its take a hit or hang on .

Last edited:
Would you consider swapping the wheels for mine plus some cash from me or some other arrangement? You reckon standard rims might help the sale? I've got anthracite raiders on my cup - same as standard F1's - and they're totally immaculate.

I've been wanting black rims since bought my 197 - 2 birds, one stone?
:w00t:

Yeah that might be a good idea, pm me with your details.

I hear what your all saying the new car options are appealing.

I haven't modified it at all, the windows are standard Renault tint, the wheels are from a r26 but they were already on when I brought the car.

Best concrete offer I've had is £8400, I don't have long left to sell as next car is sourced so should be getting it next week.. Should I take it? Help.. I'd say yes to £8900 right now.

Well for the sake of £500, if you want a quick sale maybe it's a good idea, if you turn it down, it could end up being a long wait for your next offer!

If you wanted to make up the difference you could swap my sport interior for your recaros and I'll chuck you some cash too:-p

i think maybe the mileage is an issue....for a run of the mill car the mileage is avg, for a limited edition car I for one would rather hold onto my cash and find a one in mint condition like yours but with half that mileage. I'd take the offer and get rid cos they go down every month!

Yp they are at that point where not cheap enough for chavs and if u have a bit of dosh a more sensible choice is a new one on finance with warranty. I was torn last yr - what it boiled down to was the ugly front end of the 200.

other stuff like how expensive they are to run doesn't help. insurance has increased generally this yr too. I found it more to insure an r27 over a regular 197

Last edited:
Noted thanks for the replies.. I'm getting my next car at trade price so prob can't complain... Swings and roundabouts as they say!

Now where's that guys number!

F1 prices like many performance cars are down at the moment ,but remember the R27 F1 is the one everyone will want in years to come ,just like the Williams the Trophy and the V6 the rest will be nowhere near the price of these in a few years.
Also remember spec mileage etc will have a big effect when people are looking.

I got £8750 for my October 07 R27, when I traded it for the 200 a couple of weeks back.
I thought it was a bit cheap, but it was still £750 more than what I'd been offered at a Saab dealership six weeks earlier.

Also, will the R27 be the model that everyone will want in a few years time??

I actually don't think so...
Produced in a limited number, 500 (which Renault couldn't shift - Hence why I got £4k off list when I ordered) Everything that is on the R27 could be specced on a 197 built after November 2007.
The Williams Clio were limited, but different to the Clio 16v - The Williams had a 2 litre engine.
The 182 Trophy was a limited run and again different to other 182s as it had the stupidly expensive Sachs suspension fitted.

Maybe ,but I still think a Liquid yellow R27 built in Dieppe with all the options will become the one to have .

Will the vat rise push up private prices in January.?

All Renaultsport Clios have been built in Dieppe, apart from the Swedish built Phase 1 V6s.

197 prices in general are dropping probably down to the fact that the 200 has been around for over a year now. I imagine it would be pretty hard to shift a car in January, as everyone will be skint after spending tons over Christmas?

I think the LY's will hold a premium but only for the colour. The more options will help. But i wouldnt want an R27 thats had the decals off, because it really is another 197 then apart from a number. No way would i pay a premium on that!!

well that guy who offered just got a LY for £8250 done 33k sounded mint.

just sold mine for £8400 to someone else, actually had a better offer but sick of being messed about. sad to see it go as been a great car. if i keep for another year it would have easily hit 50k miles and be even more difficult to sell.

Certainly is a buyer market. As said i think its the £200 a month deal on the 200 thats killing the market. Why tie up 9k in a nice R27 when you can bang a grand down, £200 a month on a brand new car......... I just bought a GW Cup for a good price, been for sale for over a month. I didnt want the finance tie in with a 200 as buying a place next year.