Upgrading from eibach/H&R to KW V3

Has anyone made this move? I've currently got eibachs on FF dampers and although a great setup I'm looking to move to coilovers and start track days.

Few questions:
  • How is the ride quality compared to FF with uprated springs?
  • Is the ride smoother or more crashy than uprated springs?
  • How is the adjustability or damping? Can you get a good setup for road and for track?
  • Worth the extra over V1?

Cheers,
Ben

You can adjust the damping to be softer than standard but the spring rate will still be high so I think all will happen is you'll get a harsh and bouncy ride!

You can adjust the damping to be softer than standard but the spring rate will still be high so I think all will happen is you'll get a harsh and bouncy ride!

let me know if you get coilovers as ill take the springs if your selling :smile:

There very smooth! Ride better than standard! Well worth the money!! But they are an upgrade and good for track so don't expect it to be like a roller. But they are still very comfy and had a few people say they don't feel like coilovers.

Cheers Mike, take it you're comparing to cup suspension? Have you been in a ff to make that comparison?

There very smooth! Ride better than standard! Well worth the money!! But they are an upgrade and good for track so don't expect it to be like a roller. But they are still very comfy and had a few people say they don't feel like coilovers.

thats cos u drive like a girl

I had Eibach springs on the OEM shocks and switched to KW V3.

How is the ride quality compared to FF with uprated springs? Much smoother. It felt with the default setup like it was on airride.

Is the ride smoother or more crashy than uprated springs? Smoother.

How is the adjustability or damping? You can do what you want except adjusting the camber.

Can you get a good setup for road and for track? Yes you can. Just needs time and effort.

Worth the extra over V1? Yes if you want the coilovers to suit your driving style.

Thanks raptor, think you may have convinced me! I'm off to KTEC for the cambelt service in 2 weeks time so may take the opportunity to book in for V3s too

I can answer that one, currently got eibachs on my FF dampers. The eibachs are very good, they're progressively wound so not really any harsher than standard over small bumps but they are a bit harsher over bigger bumps. Dive under braking is massively reduced and body roll reduced too.

In short they make the car feel much more predictable whilst still retaining 90% of the ride comfort. I'm only looking to upgrade as I'm looking at starting track days this year and looking for a more track orientated setup, also earning more than I was last year so can afford to splash a bit more!

I can answer that one, currently got eibachs on my FF dampers. The eibachs are very good, they're progressively wound so not really any harsher than standard over small bumps but they are a bit harsher over bigger bumps. Dive under braking is massively reduced and body roll reduced too.

In short they make the car feel much more predictable whilst still retaining 90% of the ride comfort. I'm only looking to upgrade as I'm looking at starting track days this year and looking for a more track orientated setup, also earning more than I was last year so can afford to splash a bit more!

Thanks for your input ben. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm looking for a set of lowering springs myself (just for looks, I'm 100% happy with the stock Renault setup) but I don't want to spoil the handling. I still can't decide between eibachs and H&R though...

In short they make the car feel much more predictable whilst still retaining 90% of the ride comfort.

I couldn't write it better myself. :smiley:

The only problem I had with them was on the roads with bumps in combination with really fast driving - in some harsh curves the car used to oversteer because the rear had no contact with the road.

On the KW V3 the feeling and the drive is much better.

Hello everyone. I wont to upgrade my setup. Currently i am on standard dampers plus Eibach springs. Now car have 90 000km and this serial dampers are little tired. So i dont have money for KW v3, and i dont need that coilovers because i only drive my car on the road never on the track. Real city driver.LOL. So i dont know is it better maybe to bay cup dampers for my clio 197 (dont have cup suspension) and stay on my eibach springs or just to go for maybe v1 or AP coilovers. Just wont to have better handling and to go for a better suspension.

I've heard from someone on here that eibach and cup dampers is a very harsh combo, they're better suited to full fat dampers.

I would go for KW V1 out of the options you've given.

I've heard from someone on here that eibach and cup dampers is a very harsh combo, they're better suited to full fat dampers.

I would go for KW V1 out of the options you've given.

What about the Ap coilovers? They are much cheaper? But i dont know will i get the bettre setup with Ap then this standard plus eibach

They were very popular on the old fiesta zetec-s forum I was on (ZSOC) but I've never been in a car with them so can't really comment.

I wouldn't expect KW V1 ride quality from them though, in fact I'd guess eibach springs on standard dampers ride better but just don't allow the height adjustment. It's just a guess though.