Upgrading headunit (keeping display, stalk controls.. Etc)

DRaider

Gold Member
I am looking at upgrading my car audio.
just wondering if anyone has changed the headunit and retained the function of the display, the volume controls on the steering wheel stalk etc...
is it do able?

i have a Clio 200 so it is fully equipped with the rs monitor, Bluetooth, usb and aux control.

Just wondering if anyone has tackled this yet..

Thanks

I believe some of the Alpine head units are capable of outputting to the Clio display but you need to buy adapters for both that and the stalk controls.

The stalk control adapter is IIRC around the £40-£45 mark but I've no idea what's involved in getting the display to work. As I say I've read somewhere that only some Alpine units are capable of working with it.

Yes you are right @KYFO.CO.UK, did this a few years back.

OP you need to make sure that the HU you are buying has a sub display output as well, not all HU have this as an option. In fact - and when I was in the market for one - there was only a limited number of products.

You'd also have to buy the adapter but you don't have to buy 2. The cable is 2 in one however it costed back then (3 years ago possibly more) £75.

It is cool to keep the OEM display operational but I have to say that I never look at it. In fact I'm going to ditch it now altogether for a set of gauges lol

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
Yes you are right @KYFO.CO.UK, did this a few years back.

OP you need to make sure that the HU you are buying has a sub display output as well, not all HU have this as an option. In fact - and when I was in the market for one - there was only a limited number of products.

You'd also have to buy the adapter but you don't have to buy 2. The cable is 2 in one however it costed back then (3 years ago possibly more) £75.

It is cool to keep the OEM display operational but I have to say that I never look at it. In fact I'm going to ditch it now altogether for a set of gauges lol
SO are you selling your adaptor or set up at all?
I would be interested.

No mate sorry. I'm still keeping the headunit etc, I'm just going to make the OEM display redundant that's all. Thanks though:smile: