Twingo 133 as a Daily Driver?

19Zen

Platinum Member
Hi guys, I’ve recently been thinking about keeping the 197 as a weekend and track car, due to the 20 min commute recently turning into a 2 hr round trip, all on city roads full of traffic, speed bumps and shockingly bad road surfaces.

I was thinking of something nippy and nimble and naturally the 197’s smaller sibling the Twingo 133 comes to mind. I was wondering if anyone else has owned one of these and found it a more suitable daily drive? I know the ride won’t be like a rolls, I'm just looking for something with the agility of a RS that isn’t as raw as the Mk3.

Reactions: Beany
Hi guys, I’ve recently been thinking about keeping the 197 as a weekend and track car, due to the 20 min commute recently turning into a 2 hr round trip, all on city roads full of traffic, speed bumps and shockingly bad road surfaces.

I was thinking of something nippy and nimble and naturally the 197’s smaller sibling the Twingo 133 comes to mind. I was wondering if anyone else has owned one of these and found it a more suitable daily drive? I know the ride won’t be like a rolls, I'm just looking for something with the agility of a RS that isn’t as raw as the Mk3.
Not a 133 but I used to own a twingo GT,
That was fine for commuting and with a 1.1 turbo it sure is light and nippy. Same 182 chassis

Reactions: 19Zen
Had a 133 cup and it was brilliant, could not fault it. Other than could have had another 20bhp but 0-62 in around 8.3 + the handling was brill.
In fact when I pxd it against a 200 cup was suprised how much stiffer the 133 suspention was in compaison.
You'll love it imo

Reactions: 19Zen
Thanks for the replies, I'm ideally looking at a 133 w/cup pack for the sharper handling and can live with a bumpy ride as I won't be too concerned about keeping the car perfect. I'd like to keep the 197 going for a good while yet and feel it's being abused during the commute, reducing it's lifespan for miles other than it's intended purpose. I think a 133 could be a very fun solution. :smile:

Reactions: Beany
Had a 133 cup and it was brilliant, could not fault it. Other than could have had another 20bhp but 0-62 in around 8.3 + the handling was brill.
In fact when I pxd it against a 200 cup was suprised how much stiffer the 133 suspention was in compaison.
You'll love it imo

I'm wondering about trying a 133 too (swap a 172 cup for it). My wife has a 200cup and i love the handling on that. Please would you give a bit more info on how you felt the 133 compared to the 200? Would be really keen to know. For my money, the 200 is wonderful but I'd like all the thrills but at a lower speed, if that makes sense?

TBH I loved it to bits, but its dated and not to everyones taste, but clearly remember an encounter with a focus st (57 plate) for 15 miles on winding country lanes late at night. We were pretty even on the twists and turns, but the staits simply pulled away, I can clearly remember the smell of a very hot engine from the ST.
I guess a 180 bhp abarth competitione is what the twingo should have been.
I still say go for it...Tuning, I just had a panel filter with the filter bung removed from the filter box.

many thanks for your thoughts. Sounds great, the straits are just the boring bits between the corners! I will give one a try. cheers matey. Will

Similar to RUdeaf

I ran a Twingo RS 133 (non Cup) Gordini for a year and had a 50 mile round trip to work every day.
It was great handling, and at the time my other car was a Clio 182 Cup.
I actually think the Twingo handled flatter than the Clio.

With the Twingo you can properly wring its neck and drive it hard without doing silly speeds.
BMC panel filter in and remove the airbox bung and you had a fantastic induction sound !!