Twingo 133 as a Daily Driver?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 19Zen, Oct 24, 2019.

1. 19Zen

19Zen

Car:
    Hi guys, I’ve recently been thinking about keeping the 197 as a weekend and track car, due to the 20 min commute recently turning into a 2 hr round trip, all on city roads full of traffic, speed bumps and shockingly bad road surfaces.

I was thinking of something nippy and nimble and naturally the 197’s smaller sibling the Twingo 133 comes to mind. I was wondering if anyone else has owned one of these and found it a more suitable daily drive? I know the ride won’t be like a rolls, I'm just looking for something with the agility of a RS that isn’t as raw as the Mk3.

Beany likes this.
  2. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Car:
    RB 200 cup
    Not a 133 but I used to own a twingo GT,
    That was fine for commuting and with a 1.1 turbo it sure is light and nippy. Same 182 chassis

19Zen likes this.
  3. RUdeaf

RUdeaf Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 200
    Had a 133 cup and it was brilliant, could not fault it. Other than could have had another 20bhp but 0-62 in around 8.3 + the handling was brill.
    In fact when I pxd it against a 200 cup was suprised how much stiffer the 133 suspention was in compaison.
    You'll love it imo

19Zen likes this.
  4. 19Zen

19Zen

Car:
    Thanks for the replies, I'm ideally looking at a 133 w/cup pack for the sharper handling and can live with a bumpy ride as I won't be too concerned about keeping the car perfect. I'd like to keep the 197 going for a good while yet and feel it's being abused during the commute, reducing it's lifespan for miles other than it's intended purpose. I think a 133 could be a very fun solution. :smile:

Beany likes this.