try this for dangerous!

driving home last night and my headlights cut out! nearly shit myself because i was in the country with no street lights. Luckily my full beams still worked...should of seen the amount of pissed off people who got xenons at full beam in their face, but i had no choice.

Took it over to renault today, and they have to keep it over the weekend :thumbdown: and what do i get to drive, a 1.5 diesel clio estate, sport tourer its called but you could walk faster! looks like a granny car, and to top it all off I was supposed to be taking a girl out 2morrow night for the first time, that got swiftly cancelled! I am not turning up 2 her house in this!!

Had a good look round a megane 250 though while i was there...to be honest there a bit funny to look at. im sure there quick as fook but there kind of ugly. extremly nice dash though. i think it will be a grower

blimey what a bummer :worried: dont blame you for cancelling the date tbf ive taken a few girls out and when you turn up in the 197 they love it lol

i think the 250 is lovely really nice to look at and comfy :smile:

Well, I´d have the estate for dating purposes. Besides the obvious reasons :smiley: , women are normally kinda pissed at me when explaining them how to strap down in the harnesses :lol:

Lights out in the country side is not that much fun tbh.

driving home last night and my headlights cut out! nearly shit myself because i was in the country with no street lights. Luckily my full beams still worked...should of seen the amount of pissed off people who got xenons at full beam in their face, but i had no choice.

Took it over to renault today, and they have to keep it over the weekend :thumbdown: and what do i get to drive, a 1.5 diesel clio estate, sport tourer its called but you could walk faster! looks like a granny car, and to top it all off I was supposed to be taking a girl out 2morrow night for the first time, that got swiftly cancelled! I am not turning up 2 her house in this!!

Had a good look round a megane 250 though while i was there...to be honest there a bit funny to look at. im sure there quick as fook but there kind of ugly. extremly nice dash though. i think it will be a grower

full bem are not xenons mate

Sometimes when I stop with the lights on, open the door all the lights go off etc.

Then when i get back in the car, the headlights etc go on when it starts, but not the dashboard lights.

Hmmmm, nasty thing to happen down a country lane!!

Sometimes when I stop with the lights on, open the door all the lights go off etc.

Then when i get back in the car, the headlights etc go on when it starts, but not the dashboard lights.

Hmmmm, nasty thing to happen down a country lane!!

renault had never heard of it happening before..i dont know much about xenons but i doubt both would go off at the same time! fingerscrossed i get it back on monday. this diesel wagon is doing my head in

dude i wouldve gone on the date with the estate! think of all the room in the back. i remember doing it in the back of my 1.1 rover metro once! ****ing hell that was a challenge!

renault had never heard of it happening before..i dont know much about xenons but i doubt both would go off at the same time! fingerscrossed i get it back on monday. this diesel wagon is doing my head in

You are mighty brave to drive a diesel.

Very brave!

:smile:

xenons have a ballast computer that controls them thats prob got faulty mate thats the only thing that i can think of it being mate.

Gutted for you mate! It seems like you are having a few problems with that car! I cant understand why that would of happened but at least it wasn't all the lights and you could get home!

Yeah I can understand cancelling the date, first impressions and all of that. You have got to love the looks it gets! Just do her a favour and warn her to be careful getting into the recaros - they can be quite painful if you are the feminine variety lol....

Gutted for you mate! It seems like you are having a few problems with that car! I cant understand why that would of happened but at least it wasn't all the lights and you could get home!

Yeah I can understand cancelling the date, first impressions and all of that. You have got to love the looks it gets! Just do her a favour and warn her to be careful getting into the recaros - they can be quite painful if you are the feminine variety lol....

im not worried about her... i8m more worried about my recaros, i dnt want that dreaded rip. do you think ist cheeky if i ask her to take her shoes off before she gets in??

im not worried about her... i8m more worried about my recaros, i dnt want that dreaded rip. do you think ist cheeky if i ask her to take her shoes off before she gets in??

Yeah good call!

Oh god I cant think of much worse than a great big stiletto scratch on the door sill! Just get her some 'car slippers' as a present, completely made up but you can always say; 'its the latest fashion in Milan' and 'all the celbs are doing it' lol....

With all the things to worry about on a first date 197 drivers have got it twice as bad lol :wink: