TRS tow strap + Wills adaptor

Wanted to do this for a while now and after seeing Will had adaptors for sale had to buy one, top bloke btw.

Anyway fitted this morning just as the snow started,
Took a few attempts to get it how i wanted;

1fh4wg.jpg

3310hmc.jpg

Once i had it in position (a lil bit of plastic had to be cut to get it right in there) i measured up the tow hook cover to be cut

n1qj2h.jpg

And finished product

308wmxy.jpg

orm5iu.jpg

20gz1g9.jpg

:smile:

looks OK but pointless as a few rain showers and the lack of it getting dried will see the materials structural strength diminish and strap as soon as you try and tow with it .Not to mention the fact in the sunlight the colour will fade.

Never a good idea to leave a tow strap exposed on a road car which is what you have - Not a race car.

looks OK but pointless as a few rain showers and the lack of it getting dried will see the materials structural strength diminish and strap as soon as you try and tow with it .Not to mention the fact in the sunlight the colour will fade.

Never a good idea to leave a tow strap exposed on a road car which is what you have - Not a race car.

i would of worded it slightly better and nicer but i do agree.

abit like take your car on a track days and wearing a racing suit, huh azon :tongueout:

cheers Ollie

Cheers, the Clio is usually garaged or under covers :smile:

Its my second vehicle which i use for the summer track season anyway, currently off road getting prepped to be track ready

cheers Ollie

Cheers, the Clio is usually garaged or under covers :smile:

Its my second vehicle which i use for the summer track season anyway, currently off road getting prepped to be track ready

Sounds good to me

Very subtle the black on black.

Spose the good thing about putting one of on the 200 is that we can hide it within the bumper, remove the eye, pull it out and replace the eye.

It's made from webbing, the same webbing that is used for ratchet straps.

So what your saying is once the nice man from the AA/RAC has got his straps wet he should throw away and get some new 'dry' ones?

Its not wax coated / dipped like ratchet straps used on lorries and the likes and does not conform to the same load bearing tests either. So no im not saying that .

What i am saying is at spa last year the track was closed for over 25 mins due to the exact above hapening on a road / track car.

Not to mention the fade etc

But as i say i would not do it "again" but thats just me . were not al the same .