TRS Material Tow Loop

Discussion in 'Body Work and Exterior Lights' started by 200cup andy, Dec 29, 2010.

1. 200cup andy

200cup andy Platinum Member

trs tow loops

has anyone fitted a trs fabric tow loop. one of my friends is fitting one to his drift car so i knicked it and had a look but im still not sure. is there any one who has pics of some fitted

apparently there on ebay for about £12

2. Graeme GTR

Graeme GTR

someone on here has one fitted to a 197, looks awesome but think it was a bugger to fit. Need to remove front bumper iirc

3. Mike Roberts

Mike Roberts

The genuine one is available through Twingogeekio. Why make life hard fitting a cheaper one?

Tow hook

7711162450 £29.70 (+ discount)

4. 200cup andy

doubt they would be hard to do just need the right tools and the right size bolt can see the hole clear as day through the flap in the bumper

5. Adamm

Adamm

Car:
    SG 200
    I thought they were about £60 now?

Unless there is something in the traders section that I can't see lol.

6. ben_r1

ben_r1

Car:
    Evo
    I had one fitted from the race car but it looked rubbish:

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

It got dirty in about a week and its a nightmare to fit on the 197! Had to grind the metal ring down to fit between the bumper :worried:

Tow loop cost me £70 from R.Sport wimbledon.

7. 200cup andy

there alot shorter than that about 10" and im going to get another cover and cut the bottom off so it just hangs out of it rather than the hole you have

i ordered 2 genuine trs loops for £15 so ill fit one and keep a spare

8. Mike Roberts

Mike Roberts

Ahh, I see Ben. I assumed being a genuine part it'd just 'fit'.... but if it doesn't, sounds like the TRS one is the way to go.

Probably worth it on the grounds of safety alone, as for some bizarre reason the metal toweye provided doesn't use a left handed thread, so could undo itself.

Where'd you buy the loops from, Andy?

9. 200cup andy

shaws motorsport on ebay loads of colours and a really good price

only problem now is getting a cover to dremel, got the part number for a new one but ive got to paint it :s i want to keep a standard one as its a brand new car im worried about mullering the one on there

10. Mike Roberts

Mike Roberts

Ooo! Lots of colours, which to choose? CBA with Ebay, I'll pick some up next time I'm in EARS.

Why do you need to modify the cover? Tuck it inside when not in use, remove the cover when on track. It'd only smash it off if you tried using it with the cover in place.

11. 200cup andy

its more for show to be honest i doubt ill go on track with it lol

the cover clips to tight round the hole so with the loop fitted the cover wont fit hence the need to mod the cover

12. Mark83

Mark83

I paid £17 each for my Schroth towing straps from GPR. They only come in red though.

13. bit of a price difference there! lol.

14. ben_r1

ben_r1

Car:
    Evo
    Fitting a universal one, that being a strap with a loop to be bolted to the front of the car, will not work on a 197.

The threaded insert is inset so far back behind the bumper that if you applied force to it to tow the car it'd merely catch and damage the bumper.

The cup racer one i have and used is a looped material around the standard tow eye cut slightly shorter.

15. 200cup andy

like i said its mainly for show im not intending on getting it towed anywhere soon

16. Keil

Keil

Just picked one of these badboys up for £9.80 including postage!!!

Following the black on red theme and gone for black one.... I can leave link if anyone is interested. also will get some pics up when she arrives with it fitted

17. Jonesy

Jonesy

Car:
    can i have the link please mate?

18. 200cup andy

19. Keil

Keil

whats best way to fit these andy?

20. 200cup andy

ill let you know when they turn up lol
    i dont know if the space behind the bumper is different on the 197 and the 200

i was intending on just bolting it on and seeing how it fits then spacing it out if i need to with washers