Trolley jacks - talk to me....

So, will I get a normal 2-tonne one under it or do I need one of those low slung things? I haven't got one to try, so it'll save me buying the wrong one!

Also, using the front point, am I likely to lift both wheels because the car is so stiff? It does on the Golf.

Normal two ton jack jack will fit under standard cars.

Using the front jacking point the rear will lift.

Mine that low with the coilovers I need to drive onto a block of wood :lol:

...I have used a standard 2T (and cheapo) trolley jack under my previous car which had cup suspension...got it under just fine but had to push the cup right down with the valve open.....RAC man also managed to get his trolley jack under the car at the side of the road once (puncture) so you should be fine.....both wheels will lift off so if you need to leave it lifted for any length of time I would put an axel stand under the un-supported corner! You bearly need to lift to change a wheel.....

I got the Clarke alloy racing one from Argos, works fine for me. Its worth going round and checking all of the fixings incase they are loose, I ended up threadlocking some of them. I usually put a piece of corrugated cardboard between the pad and the car to help stop the underseal being damaged.

I got the Clarke alloy racing one from Argos, works fine for me. Its worth going round and checking all of the fixings incase they are loose, I ended up threadlocking some of them. I usually put a piece of corrugated cardboard between the pad and the car to help stop the underseal being damaged.

ahh this is clever i always use a larger peice of ply or whater to spread the weight, I was working on my old corrado (before i quickly sold it on) jacked it up on the jacking point and went straight through the rust and into the car lol!

Ive got a halftards 2 tonner and i need to ride the car up onto an inch of MDF before it will go under without clattering the skirt?

bluepoint 60mm 2.5 tonne quicklift. . . . . expensive gut gurrrrrrd

My 2 tonne clarke jack is fine too, plenty of clearance. I had the driving up onto a block of wood thing with my old car, quickly gets boring!