Racing Trolley Jack

Tired of using a crappy knackered jack to jack my car up. Castors are so worn that it drags the car when going up rather than wheeling itself under the car, resulting in not being able to be used with axle stands as it tried to pull the car off them!

Any recommendations?

Would a 1.25t one do or would i be better off stretching to a larger capacity one so its substantial when i upgrade the car to something bigger?

Seen this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-TROLLEY-JACK-RACE-CAR-CTJ1250A-7621800-CLARKE-/400300923733?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item5d33cb5b55

$(KGrHqN,!psE9eBppR7-BPcbjUgMv!~~60_12.jpg

Which looks substantial and certainly better than what ive got!

Also, Axle stands, many makes and designs out there, what shape works best with the clio? Any links to some decent ones?

I bought a 2 tonne Liftmaster low profile recently of eBay. Seems well made and lifted the Clio with ease. Was around £45 delivered.

Don't get the clarke one above (bllue).

Got one for track days and it was crap. It broke in the end after not much use. Ended up complaining,got a replacemeant and sold it.

Yeah it does look well, I'll keep an eye on what it eventually goes for.

Also just my opinion but I don't like that type of axle stand. I've got a set myself but use my other set when I only need two (I've got 2 of each type). Reason being that I don't like the lever on them that keeps them at that height, for some reason I'm paranoid its going to give up, or someone will nudge it and the car will drop. Probably just me being paranoid though.

marketing. It looks "faster" or something I guess. Go for wide casters, and the largest saddle you can find. Aluminium jacks are generally only good for very occasional use

which is fine until it falls over, which they do very easily

well i havent had them fall over - once the vehicle is lifted its on stands - if its for helping to move a vehicle then maybe so - but over the years i have given plenty of trolley jacks abuse :blink:

if its for diy and home use dont think its such an issue

As above the Arcan jacks are very good altho they are like £90 from Costco if you can find somebody with a card to pick you one up

I have the 3 tonne steel bodied Arcan jack from Costco. Brilliant. The Aluminium ones are 2 tonne and also very good but significantly lighter (doesn't need to be mobile for me)
Pretty sure they're over £110 with vat though