Tractor Boy

I was going to kick myself because I thought I'd missed your progress thread, but apparently not! Haha! Great start and omg, that diffuser! Keep going man, looks the dogs nuts and it's an F1 too :wink:

I'm all for collar and cuffs matching, but that Japanese one makes the normal RS one seem like small change :shocked:

I was going to kick myself because I thought I'd missed your progress thread, but apparently not! Haha! Great start and omg, that diffuser! Keep going man, looks the dogs nuts and it's an F1 too :wink:

Thanks Mark, glad you like it. We love it too. Hence the need for some balance with a carbon splitter.

I'll come up with something.

Thanks Mark, glad you like it. We love it too. Hence the need for some balance with a carbon splitter.

I'll come up with something.

I'm going to keep a close watch on your thread, partly because I want idea's! So... where did you get your diffuser done :wink: haha!

I'm going to keep a close watch on your thread, partly because I want idea's! So... where did you get your diffuser done :wink: haha!

Mate, you won't be getting many ideas here! This is only ever going to get a light touch mods wise. :smile: More about enhancement than changes.

The diffuser is a Streamline one. A lot of people have had problems with them recently because of problems with the lacquer, but the diffuser has been on the car almost a year and it has been perfect. No signs of any problems with the top coat even though it's right next to a hot exhaust.

http://streamlinecarbon.com/v2/products-page/clio-3-incl-197-200/clio-3-rs-197-rear-diffuser/

Mate, you won't be getting many ideas here! This is only ever going to get a light touch mods wise. :smile: More about enhancement than changes.

The diffuser is a Streamline one. A lot of people have had problems with them recently because of problems with the lacquer, but the diffuser has been on the car almost a year and it has been perfect. No signs of any problems with the top coat even though it's right next to a hot exhaust.

http://streamlinecarbon.com/v2/products-page/clio-3-incl-197-200/clio-3-rs-197-rear-diffuser/
Yep... you're bonkers, I'm not paying a grand for diffuser haha... noo nooo definitely not!

Yep... you're bonkers, I'm not paying a grand for diffuser haha... noo nooo definitely not!

:smiley:

Was £450 second hand in mint condition mate. I haven't seen another come up for sale since then mind...

But as I said earlier in the thread, proper pre-preg carbon is VERY expensive. The price for my airbox on my other car (ok, admittedly a LOT more involved than a diffuser) would make your eyes water... :smiley:

http://www.evolveautomotive.com/evolve-carbon-fibre-airbox-alpha-n-remap-bmw-e46-m3-manual-cars.html

Although £700ish of that covers the Alpha-N mapping but still, CRAZY!

:smiley:

Was £450 second hand in mint condition mate. I haven't seen another come up for sale since then mind...

But as I said earlier in the thread, proper pre-preg carbon is VERY expensive. The price for my airbox on my other car (ok, admittedly a LOT more involved than a diffuser) would make your eyes water... :smiley:

http://www.evolveautomotive.com/evolve-carbon-fibre-airbox-alpha-n-remap-bmw-e46-m3-manual-cars.html

Although £700ish of that covers the Alpha-N mapping but still, CRAZY!
That air box is so nice. It's actually worth more than my car lol

That air box is so nice. It's actually worth more than my car lol

Thanks mate, you should hear it! Maybe you will on April 2nd. Did you see the dyno graph? Almost 30bhp from an airbox and remap. You could spend £3k on the Clio and still not get 30 extra horses. It's one of my favourite things about my car and a big part of why I'd love the R3 airbox on the Clio.

Your car is definitely worth more than £3k though!

Thanks mate, you should hear it! Maybe you will on April 2nd. Did you see the dyno graph? Almost 30bhp from an airbox and remap. You could spend £3k on the Clio and still not get 30 extra horses. It's one of my favourite things about my car and a big part of why I'd love the R3 airbox on the Clio.

Your car is definitely worth more than £3k though!
I missed the dyno bit. 30 BHP is crazy!Must sound awesome. Not as if you're lacking in power in the first place:wink:

355@8000rpm:excited:

You been on track with it?

Trying not to mate. It would ruin me. I'd be straight into weight saving and would very quickly end up taking the car past the point of no return. Given the prices are climbing steadily, it would be silly.

I'll build a proper track car one day!

Nothing much to see here. Just some wheel armour that arrived today. Anything you can do to protect new wheels and make them easier to clean must be good right? Might be applying this over the weekend...

n6c1t3.jpg

Used the same on my new wheels, good stuff and initial thoughts are that it's better than the Carbon Collective sealant I've used on previous wheels. Nice and easy to apply as well, liked the fact that they actually advised against multiple coats (I'm lazy).

Reactions: Dystant