Tractor Boy

R27! They are great aren't they, like I mean they are fantastic, like I mean they really are the bizz, like I mean they really are great, did I tell you l like an r27? If I didn't I really do! I've got one too! Lol

Seriously, it looks lovely and you nearly even got the right colour of,blue too :sweatsmile:

Reactions: Jimmy and LOCKE
Enough of the talk, what we need is pictures!

I do remember that drive Mes and you being so kind giving me the M3 for a drive. Still amazed about that induction sound and throttle response...

R27! They are great aren't they, like I mean they are fantastic, like I mean they really are the bizz, like I mean they really are great, did I tell you l like an r27? If I didn't I really do! I've got one too! Lol

Seriously, it looks lovely and you nearly even got the right colour of,blue too :sweatsmile:

Pleased with your new purchase by any chance mate?

You've made such a great purchase there. I'm sure you'll keep up John's good work. :thumb:

Reactions: Cossers
Enough of the talk, what we need is pictures!

I do remember that drive Mes and you being so kind giving me the M3 for a drive. Still amazed about that induction sound and throttle response...

Top day out mate. Still updating here. I'll get up to present soon.

Pleased with your new purchase by any chance mate?

You've made such a great purchase there. I'm sure you'll keep up John's good work. :thumb:

Yep only problem is I can't do a project thread, more a "I've just polished it again and here it is somewhere different! " lol

Yep only problem is I can't do a project thread, more a "I've just polished it again and here it is somewhere different! " lol

Nothing wrong with that mate. There isn't going to be that much action here either. It's more about documenting the time with the car to me.

Sorry for the hi-jack Mes (hope I can call you that btw lol), but this is all I could pretty much do too lol as not going to be much progress done to mine, just like to find decent locations and show her off.

Sorry for the hi-jack Mes (hope I can call you that btw lol), but this is all I could pretty much do too lol as not going to be much progress done to mine, just like to find decent locations and show her off.

Of course mate, not a problem. And yeah, that's my name :smile:

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping a car OEM, looking after it and posting nice photos of it. Especially when it's such a rare and special version. Has anyone complained yet?

:smile:

I'm not enough of an M3 aficionado to really know what's-what Mes. I just remember you saying yours was a CSL (?) and didnt know if that was a stock look for that model. I presume yours is a lighter, rawer, more hardcore car compared to a "standard" M series. Even in stock form.

Its superb visually. I'm "glad" it took some work, sweat and graft to get there :smile: I'd have been even more 'heartbroken' if you'd said it was factory fresh.......

Back on topic. Sorry if i wandered. Think its the first side-on pics i've seen of your 'wheels'. Hence the question !

Sorry Shuv, missed this post.

The M is a CS, not a CSL sadly. A CSL with my mileage at the time was out of my price range. Basically double what I paid for mine! Now it's even more crazy. I'd be looking around £60k if it was a CSL.

However, the rest of what you said is pretty accurate. :thumb:

Reactions: sevenfourate
So jealous of your full decals Mes! It's been discussed before, but it's criminal how much Renault charge for these now, given they were free when you bought the car :sob:

Reactions: matt9566
So jealous of your full decals Mes! It's been discussed before, but it's criminal how much Renault charge for these now, given they were free when you bought the car :sob:

Absolutely mate.

I dread the day when something happens to them or they start to peel or something.

And I'm really glad Mrs M has decided to keep them on!

Absolutely mate.

I dread the day when something happens to them or they start to peel or something.

And I'm really glad Mrs M has decided to keep them on!

To be fair, they do seem pretty durable - mine are on 92k now and still look great! Still no excuse for charging an arm and a leg for a full set though :tired:

Ok fast forward a little more from the last post and while up in Manchester visiting the family, we did a run out in Goyt Valley and around Buxton / Macclesfield. GREAT roads up there. Always a fun drive and one I know so well as Buxton via Goyt Valley used to be my run to work when I was an RS Ford man.

99gglw.jpg

Anyway, pulled the car up and thought it looked good for a picture and it was while taking the shot above I realised the grilles were so badly faded I couldn't handle it anymore. I knew they were bad but this embarrassed me into sorting it out. So out came the trim restorer

2h80lkh.jpg

So a thorough clean, dry, then a proper IPA wipe down and apply. If anyone hasn't used this it's really excellent stuff and so easy to use and you need hardly any to do a lot. Bloody fiddly getting all up in the grilles though.

In progress shot for a before and after:

2s9ypsk.jpg

This was maybe 6/7 months ago. They still look pretty much brand new. Very happy with how they turned out.

Slow progress but we're getting there...

Diffuser next...

Tractor boy, hands down the best name for a car I've ever heard! :tearsofjoy:

Absolutely love that pic in the first post of tractor boy next to the water, angle is perfect :smiley:

that's a really lovely example. Which wheels are you going for, Ultras?

G4 has done a seriously great job.....

I've never used it - but how long will that treatment last ?

I cheated on my 197, roughed up with some fine grit sand paper and matt black spray paint. Couldn't handle the idea of having to top up with restorer every few weeks. That said the Gtechniq range is very good so I'd expect Mes has got good results from it.

@///M look forward to seeing the new wheels mate :sunglasses:

Tractor boy, hands down the best name for a car I've ever heard! :tearsofjoy:

Absolutely love that pic in the first post of tractor boy next to the water, angle is perfect :smiley:

Ha! I've got used to it kinda. It's amusing now mainly.

And thanks mate. Shady iPhone definition but I don't have a camera so that's that.

Reactions: Dystant
G4 has done a seriously great job.....

I've never used it - but how long will that treatment last ?

It's called "permanent trim restorer". Now I don't believe that for a second, but it was £20. I must have used about £3 worth. As I say, that was six or seven months ago and they still look great. Interested to see how they deal with the sun through the summer but if I need to reapply, no major grief.

Bottom line, it's an absolutely fantastic product. The rest of our plastics are looking pretty decent but it's going to get a proper detail in a few months so I'll give them all a coating then.