Trackday views...

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
For those that are unsure of tracking their car..
Copied from trackday section...

Raf woodbridge...booked thru javelin.

Well what a day! Baking hot, dry n dusty...

Me and Cannit hit the 2 mile track set up between 10am-4pm.

An interesting place with lots of different surface types and 2 nice long straights.

This was my 2nd proper td, first in clio..and thanks to Cannit (who has done lots) i got some free tuition and improved my driving style/lines no end.

How did the clio hold up?

Awesome tbh..it never missed a beat and i did a full tank of vpower!

Also surprised some more expensive machinery

How did my mods perform?

The mod that made the most difference was the quaife diff (esp off)

It makes the car so more effective on track. Power down so early and just pulls you round corners..Ace!
Expensive? Yup but worth every penny in my eyes!

Akropovic exhaust?

Screaming banshee anyone? Perfect sound for the clio and just suits its character so well.

Brakes?

Great. I ran std discs with ds2500 pads all round, hel brake lines and millers race fluid dot4.

No fade or soft pedal at all! Gave consistant performance and feel and proved 'encouraging'.

Tyres?

First run out of the federal 595 rsr's.

Super grip and have worn evenly.

Not the ultimate grip of an 888 but lasted all day and never caused any issues. For the price, 86 quid a corner...they cannot be bettered i dont think.

Ran 30 psi all round.

These i can assure you will wear very well. There was a new focus rs (360bhp) who had come from Switzerland for 2 weeks hols in Uk purely for track days. He had done 5 back to back all day track days at various tracks and still had even wear and lotsa tread left 3-4mm.

All in all a great day..and thanks to Javelin for a well run, good value and fun track day.

So..for those that are thinking about it...Just do it
U 'DONT need the diff'..U 'Dont need the exhaust'
Just uprate the brakes..add sticky tyres and enjoy! 8)

Last edited:
That's a really good read tbh! I've been in my friends megane 230 and the way it pulls you through corners with that diff is insane tbh. So can imagine it being a very worth while mod on the Clio, would love to have one myself but so much money!!

Good write up mate! Would love the dif and zorst but they're seriously pricy mods! I've run mine a couple of times on track completely standard and on hankook v12 evos and I'll add that regardless of how your car is the 197/200's are brilliant out the box!!

Couldn't agree more with the screaming banshee Akrapovic exhaust. Is awesome on the road but comes to life on the track.

I'm using the Millers Race Fluid too (OEM Pads & Discs), it can take some serious punishment!!! :smiley:

Good little write up that, any pics? Good to hear about the Federals, might have a look at a set of those...

I've been to Woodbridge a couple of times and yes, it's a cheap day on track. Lots of corners, slow and fast to throw your car around. One problem I found, lots of stones being thrown up and suffered a few chips on the windscreen and bonnet.