Trackday Spec

After a little advice from the tuners and members who have experience with tuning a 197 Cup...

I'm currently looking at putting a car together that's going to be a competitive drive on the track. By this, I mean something that's going to be quick both in a straight line and through the twisties!!

Now, I'm under no illusion that with the current 2.0 N/A lump, it's going to set the road alight, I do want the car to be as strong as it can be. Having had a read at others comments and specs, I'm thinking along the lines of the following:

•Pipercross Filter (Standard Airbox)
• Miltek Cat- Back exhaust
• Miltek D-Cat
• Race Developments Port Matched Inlets
• Map to suit the above

What are people's thoughts? Deliberately not included front pipe due to future plans :wink:

For a track car most of what you've listed would be a waste of time.

You need to be looking at getting the braking system setup to cope properly with the abuse, then the right tyres and a set of lighter wheels. Some better suspension possibly.

Fettling the engine is the last resort as you get so very little gain from your money.

If you want my advice. None of that will have bugger all impact in the slightest. I'm a regular on track and the best thing you can do is suspension, brakes and tyres.

Treat your self to some KW Clubsports, D2500's, decent tyres and some tuition.

You'll be far quicker. Power in these unless you go turbo will make no difference I promise you.

For a track car most of what you've listed would be a waste of time.

You need to be looking at getting the braking system setup to cope properly with the abuse, then the right tyres and a set of lighter wheels. Some better suspension possibly.

Fettling the engine is the last resort as you get so very little gain from your money.

In all fairness wheels wont do anything either. I noticed nothing when i got my OZ's.

If you want power and not bought the car, be patient and wait for a megged clio to come up for sale, or perhaps even build one yourself.

If not, see above from the track guys :thumbsup:

There's a Megged Clio on here going for cheap in need of some tlc. 06-56 plate 197.

Good of base to start from

Thanks for the responses guys :smile:<br><br>i should have have been a little clearer with the intended spec. I just started with engine, but my plans are to leave no stone in-turned. Full spec below...<br><br>Chassis<br><br>nitron 2 Ways<br>Polybushed<br>Full FIA Spec cage<br>Front Strut Brace<br>Rear Antiroll Bar<br>Toyo R888R<br><br>Brakes<br><br>330 Conversion<br>Feroddo DS2500 Front &amp; Rear<br>Braided Hoses<br><br>Shell<br><br>Poly Windows<br>Sound Deadening Removed<br>Battery relocated to Boot<br>Cut doors out<br>2 Corbeau Evolutions<br>Remove Heater Matrix &amp; Aircon<br>'Trim' Dash<br><br>Engine<br><br>As Original Post<br><br><br>In relation to driver tuition, I'm confident that I can probably get the best out the car having won my class twice in the MLR Sprint Series, and won several MSA sprints including harewood hill and cur borough :smile:<br><br>

Fair enough :smile: add cams at least as well then! You won't notice a lot of extra oomph with just essentially map and exhaust. Cams is more worthwhile when doing all of that.

[MENTION=52151]RemyR[/MENTION] I have a mate that's mid build with his Subaru for the 2015 MLR/22b sprint series. I watched this years Castle Combe sprint.

It's a brilliant series

Gez, it's not as good now as it used to be. Infact, I would say it's on the decline judging by recent threads on the MLR which is a crying shame.

5 years ago, the series was won by those with the talent. Now, due to the regs, it's the man with the deepest pockets!! Due to the rising costs in order to be competitive, the fun factor has been lost and as a result was a factor in me leaving the series behind. I do believe the new Clubman class in TA is the new competition to be involved in and one I'm currently considering :smile:

New or my old Evo?? I'm on phone at mo, so not got any on here. When I get back on Friday, I can sort for you no problem :smile: