Track day max oil temp, max coolant temp

What is a good target for maximum oil & coolant temp in summer trackdays? I have booked a trackday in Portugal in July, it will surely be hot as hell.
Can I trust the Dash (coolant) and RS-Monitor (oil) temp measurements?
I use the oil and coolant recommended by Renault. The car has akrapovic evolution an RS-Tuning remap
Thanks!

I think that the RS Monitor oil temperature is just a good guess. I might be wrong but I do not think that the Clio has a built in oil temperature sensor.

I think that the RS Monitor oil temperature is just a good guess. I might be wrong but I do not think that the Clio has a built in oil temperature sensor.

Correct, it's a calculation based on coolant temp, engine load, engine run time, and possibly other factors. No idea how accurate it is but certainly not as much as having a sandwich plate with an actual sensor and gauge fitted!

I have sent this same question to Renault Sport and this has been the answer:

Good Morning Dear XXXXXX,

To follow up on your question. It is true that you can rely on the parameters indicated by the RS Monitor.
In addition, the engine and the gearbox have thermal protections which will be activated in the event of high temperatures.
But before having a warning light on the dashboard, you will have a feeling of lack of power at the level of the engine. This is the first sign that a temperature is starting to rise.
If I can give you any advice, especially in high heat. The ideal is to vary the laps between sporty driving and cooling laps. Example: 3 full turns and 2 cooling towers.
The cooling tower is very important, not only for the engine and gearbox, but also for the brakes.
Last thing also, it is strongly advised to stay on the original fluids, whether for the engine / gearbox and brake. If the heat conditions are important and you do a lot of circuiting, then more frequent fluid replacement would be perfect.

I hope I was able to answer your questions.

Have a nice day

Reactions: Big Ben
When your water temperature gets too high you get a warning on dashboard telling you to shut down engine. I’ve seen this on a hot day before!

Oil temps are a guesstimate so I personally fitted an external oil temp gauge so I know exactly what’s happening

Have in an Oil Cooler for peace of mind following the advice of Renault Sport.

if more keen to know how much exact Oil Temp you are running with, 3rd party sensor + gauge..

I personally do 2 hot / 3 cool laps as I'm facing some heat management with my Megalio. Pit in and cool down the car for the next run.

What is a good target for maximum oil & coolant temp in summer trackdays? I have booked a trackday in Portugal in July, it will surely be hot as hell.
Can I trust the Dash (coolant) and RS-Monitor (oil) temp measurements?
I use the oil and coolant recommended by Renault. The car has akrapovic evolution an RS-Tuning remap
Thanks!

I looked up the temps online, and low 30s is manageable on an NA clio. I dont like to run with hotter ambient temps personally.

Make sure to run cooldown laps at a decent pace to ensure good airflow to the brakes and rad, and you should be more than fine. Last track day I did was 32 ambient and probably closer to 36 track temps, and was knocking out 4-5 hard laps (1:19s lap times) at a time, and my clio was fine.