Tour-De-Force

Contacted the above about having my 197 remapped and a Miltek exhaust, in fact I phoned them twice with a promise of a return call. Nothing. They obviously are making so much money not to be bothered with a poultry 800 quid or so. So they have blown my custom, nothing p***** me off more than companies that can't be bothered to return your calls. I thought we were in a rescission, but obviously not by the standards of TDF. Rant over.

Pete.

That's not great service in anyone's book.

Get an de-cat Oreca! Listen to this: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFuKV-vCdE[/YOUTUBE]

I emailed them over the weekend and called them today.

I presume they are very busy? Hoping i receive a call / email soon.

Matt

Contacted the above about having my 197 remapped and a Miltek exhaust, in fact I phoned them twice with a promise of a return call. Nothing. They obviously are making so much money not to be bothered with a poultry 800 quid or so. So they have blown my custom, nothing p***** me off more than companies that can't be bothered to return your calls. I thought we were in a rescission, but obviously not by the standards of TDF. Rant over.

Pete.

granted thats not the best service but they could be very busy,i wouldn't cut your nose off to spite your face,people like tdf that no how to map are few and far between

Hate to say it, but I'm another one who never got a reply from them after asking for a quote for a fair bit of work.

Fair enough they might be busy and if they can afford to not bother about £1500 - £2000 worth of custom then best of luck to them.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but I'm another one who never got a reply from them after asking for a quote for a fair bit of work.

Fair enough they might be busy and if they can afford to not bother about £1500 - £2000 worth of custom then best of luck to them.

good point,if they are that busy then they should be making enough money to employ someone who can at least take and return calls,even if its only to say the guys in the know will be intouch when they return from there race weekend or whatever

i know RS Tuning had a similar problem,they now have a receptionist

I contacted TDF last week had to call them a few times but got a call back on the Friday. Was told they were racing a 24hr this last weekend at silverstone and wouldn't be back and sorted until early part this week therefore Matt at this point had already left but the chap I spoke to was great help !! When I asked about booking my r27 in on a Saturday morning the next available space wasn't for another 3/4 weeks but could get it done a lot sooner in the week he even surgested an evening.

So hopefully this might explain why some of u guys have been left waiting for a reply but got to say my experience with TDF so far hasn't been a bad one and I will deffiantly be booking my car in for a map there !

Last edited:
Whilst that may explain why they haven't replied, it doesn't make it acceptable. If they know they're going to be away, they should at least set an auto-reply for their email address.

You have to keep in mind they are primarily a race team support company and secondly a road car performance company. As stated they aren't the biggest company and have a massive amount of work and are often away at tracks all around Europe.

Ive dealt with them personally so call me biast but it can be difficult to get in touch with them, which they always appologise about afterwards. If you met Matt in person I'm sure you'd soon learn that they're a top class bunch of lads.

Either or though, the work they provide is worth the hassle and wait time to get in with them.

plus there arent alot of companys that would drop everything to pick up a stranded car.

Hi Guys,

As Ben has said above we are primarily a race support and engine development organisation - our Renault work is something we all enjoy and is founded on our success with RS products in world motorsport but it's clear to me that we can't and possibly never will be able to offer the instant response some of your guys expect.

Pete the OP appears to be hugely pissed off with us and this isn't something I want anyone to be with the business that four guys have sweated blood for to turn it into a world leader in it's field.

Here is what I suggest - TDF draws a line under it's workshop based Renault Sport road car activities for the rest of this year. We will take no new work and only support our existing customers. Mail order (exhausts etc.) will operate as it always has done and remains available to all for Renault/Lotus/Porsche etc. At the start of next year we will make a business decision as to whether we think we can apportion staff time to a level where you can get a near instant response to requests for workshop based work.

Does this seem fair?

Matt F

Hi Guys,

As Ben has said above we are primarily a race support and engine development organisation - our Renault work is something we all enjoy and is founded on our success with RS products in world motorsport but it's clear to me that we can't and possibly never will be able to offer the instant response some of your guys expect.

Pete the OP appears to be hugely pissed off with us and this isn't something I want anyone to be with the business that four guys have sweated blood for to turn it into a world leader in it's field.

Here is what I suggest - TDF draws a line under it's workshop based Renault Sport road car activities for the rest of this year. We will take no new work and only support our existing customers. Mail order (exhausts etc.) will operate as it always has done and remains available to all for Renault/Lotus/Porsche etc. At the start of next year we will make a business decision as to whether we think we can apportion staff time to a level where you can get a near instant response to requests for workshop based work.

Does this seem fair?

Matt F

That's fine but a phone call to explain the situation would not have gone a miss. I find it inexcusable not to contact a prospective customer and explain the situation. You my well have other fish to fry but that is still no excuse. I wish you well and I hope that you show more courtesy to other prospective customers.

That's fine but a phone call to explain the situation would not have gone a miss. I find it inexcusable not to contact a prospective customer and explain the situation. You my well have other fish to fry but that is still no excuse. I wish you well and I hope that you show more courtesy to other prospective customers.

Today is our first day with any availability to respond to any queries for over a fortnight. I hear exactly what you are saying hence my post above - we can't respond in a manner timely enough to satisfy some of our potential customers. Please let me make it clear that this isn't a case of "we can't be arsed" or that we're just ignoring you there is quite simply no one available. I've taken on board your comments and I've put something together that I feel is the best option to ensure no one is as upset as you are by not being able to get hold of us.

To give you some idea of what goes on away from Renault have a look at http://www.coordsport.com/blog/2012...ieves-intercontinental-success-tour-de-force/ - this was the entire technical staff of TDF working on three continents at the same time with a weeks worth of lead in to each race.

I'm always happy to work on feedback from you guys so what would you suggest we do? Mail order is no problem as we have a dedicated person for that but a rapid response to technical queries whilst in the season is always going to be difficult if not impossible. We love Renault Sport and you lot are all a pleasure to work with but we don't want to be upsetting people as part of it because sometimes we are away for weeks at a time.

Matt F

Very good of you to set the record straight Matt!!!

I think everyone appreciates that you guys are kept more than busy throughout the racing season and nobody would begrudge you that work. In fact, having that first hand experience with racing and preparation is probably one of your biggest selling points to potential customers. At least I know it is to myself anyway...

It may or may not be feesible to setup, but maybe recruit a receptionist or junior technician who would be at least be able to answer basic queries in your absence? The more they know about labour times etc., the better but as long as they had half an idea of how things work then even if all they could do was say "x work will take roughly x hours, can't give you a definite figure until the lads get back though", something like that would be ideal really.

I hope my previous post didn't appear sh!tty, it wasn't intended as such. But even as Ross suggested, an auto-reply to the email saying nobody would be back until such and such a date, that would've been more than acceptable and would cost nothing for you guys to set up.

Well there I was thinking it was just me. I'm a bit split about this. Took my 200 in there on 7 Sep for re-map to find that it had stored DTC's which they could not clear so therefore could not re-map. Matt stated that he would look into this and give me a call the following week with suggestions, one option being a bench map but did not have his bench loom available. In the meantime I said I would try and get Renault to clear them. As of yet (2 and half weeks later) had no call. Now, having spoken with them face to face they seem great however, I found it strange they did not have the ability to clear the faults and find it strange they did not follow up the situation. Not sure what I am going to do now as still not worked out how I feel about this?? I know they are very busy but...........