Top gear

A2ON

Platinum Member
When they tested the green 200 cup abroad with the ds3 or something was not that long ago is that vid on youtube tha nks ?

Hi Roy.

It was the Citreon DS3 , Clio 200 and Fiat Abarth which were gettig tested around Monaco circuit mate. It was a great episode. :smiley:

I was surprised the 200 didn't come out with flying colours with Renault being the king of building a hot hatch that corners perfectly along with decent straight line speed on straights.

JC did another comparison between 200 and DS3 on one of his DVDs. The 200 was quicker around the track and he loved it.

JC did another comparison between 200 and DS3 on one of his DVDs. The 200 was quicker around the track and he loved it.

"Powered Up"

He got Karun Chandok to drive them all around the Paul Ricard short circuit, and the Arbarth was useless. The 200 was a FF and was a clear full second quicker than the DS3.

Puzzling thing was when Clarkson was doing his in car bit, going on about how much he loves the 200, he moaned that it didn't have air con...while in full view of the camera were the climate controls.

Puzzling thing was when Clarkson was doing his in car bit, going on about how much he loves the 200, he moaned that it didn't have air con...while in full view of the camera were the climate controls.

Just a little too complicated for him :wink:

Just a little too complicated for him :wink:

Think on Topgear he slated the Cup for not having CC or Air Con as standard like the DS3 and it was an extra, can't confirm on the video can't remember exactly what he said.

Most of what he says or does is mostly for the camera!

It always frustrates me that, how all magazine and TV shows use the Clio CUP. Then complain that the interior isn't up to scratch and that its lacking equipment.

Then go on to say well it is £5k cheaper than everything else here. If thats the case why not use an FF that'll be £3k cheaper and have all the mod cons?!

Very odd that Renault carry on letting them slate the car, I know they regularly win and they rave about its driving dynamics blah blah blah, but really the CUP is no different dynamically then a cup packed FF. So why not give them the best combination?

Hi Roy.

It was the Citreon DS3 , Clio 200 and Fiat Abarth which were gettig tested around Monaco circuit mate. It was a great episode. :smiley:

I was surprised the 200 didn't come out with flying colours with Renault being the king of building a hot hatch that corners perfectly along with decent straight line speed on straights.

I can't believe you think that was a great episode :thumb1:. I know that Top Gear like having a laugh, but you learnt absolutely nothing about the cars at all. For me that was the episode that confirmed that Top Gear has finally disappeared up its own asre.

It always frustrates me that, how all magazine and TV shows use the Clio CUP. Then complain that the interior isn't up to scratch and that its lacking equipment.

Then go on to say well it is £5k cheaper than everything else here. If thats the case why not use an FF that'll be £3k cheaper and have all the mod cons?!

Very odd that Renault carry on letting them slate the car, I know they regularly win and they rave about its driving dynamics blah blah blah, but really the CUP is no different dynamically then a cup packed FF. So why not give them the best combination?

+1 - well said

That's more like it, a proper lap by a proper driver... Shows you how ''slow'' Jame might really be then!!! :smiley: