Top Gear 17/02/13

I preferred the VXR tbh. Looks much better. Interior is much better and if they had pressed the VXR button when doing the drag race, the VXR would have won.

I never go near Vxr. Far to keep away that car about 1 millon light year away!

It be ford or megane to have.

Its a shame Ford have ditched the 5pot as IMO that was the icing on the cake for the last ST, shame they didnt include some kind of Golf in there too!

I preferred the VXR tbh. Looks much better. Interior is much better and if they had pressed the VXR button when doing the drag race, the VXR would have won.

Same

It looks twice as wide as the others and twice as mean. Have such presence on the road!

I hate the looks of the vxr, looks like a weird fat spaceship, do love their seats though. the ST and the RS looked magnitudes better!

I hate the looks of the vxr, looks like a weird fat spaceship, do love their seats though. the ST and the RS looked magnitudes better!

Oh i wouldnt say no to an ST either. Id be lying if i said i wasnt in a ford dealership saturday and that i didnt spend half an hour looking around and sitting in the ST.

They have come on leaps and bounds from the last generation.

the ST has the same eltronic dff as the new 200t ( well kinda of anyway ) which is slightly off putting. ST only comes in 5 door, again off putting.
Megane for me looks too might, looks like a 4 x 4 compaired to the other to.
Im afriad to say this, but the vxr would get my vote.

Was it the focus were he said it just grips, then the camera was on a corner and it flew by understeering like a bitch:smiley:

Looked at one of the STs in person the other day, not nice at all the interior is vomit inducing and it actually doesnt look as nice as the old car tbh in person.

I think the astra looks great but I'd still have the megane as no doubt it'll be the best drivers car.

New Focus looks boring....hate it.

VXR for me..lovely looking car.

Megs yellow seat belts and red rim tape looked tacky.....suppose that's easily fixed though.

Come on fellas its a fairly obvious reason, because they mentioned that the 265 was the darling of the press, they wanted to be different in the usual egotistical manner that is clarkson and hammond....

^^ yep, they love going against the grain. That didn't stop the Stig spanking it around the track and setting the fastest time. :thumbsup:

New Focus looks boring....hate it.

VXR for me..lovely looking car.

Megs yellow seat belts and red rim tape looked tacky.....suppose that's easily fixed though.

the rim tape isnt rim tape, the wheels are painted red, then painted black in the middle from what ive been told, the yellow belts and the red rim are options anyway

Did you not know that there was a lot of Vaux fan at topgear. So they have to make them smile. Topgear know vxr is still crap :wink: lol