Too Much or Worth It?

I follow these guys, some cracking low mileage cars in stock. Have a wee look at this Raider.

A grey Raider would be my only 200 choice. Makes me wonder what my 16k miles R27 would be worth?

I follow these guys, some cracking low mileage cars in stock. Have a wee look at this Raider.

A grey Raider would be my only 200 choice. Makes me wonder what my 16k miles R27 would be worth?

These guys are near me. Always have some nice stuff in stock - and the rides the owner has in his driveway are often pretty swish too. I’ve been drooling over a white 911 of some sort for ages; if I go past his house on the way home.

There’s also a rumour a ‘friend’ of mine is seriously considering / is looking at buying this car. To use more than tuck away I think. Small World ! ?

What’s yours worth bud ? I’ve no idea. More common variant in numbers compared to the Raider. But yours again is in a prime colour and a lot lower miles. 5 figures easily. More than the Raider....? Dunno.

You’ll not sell anyway :smirk: so why’s it matter :sunglasses:

Reactions: LOCKE
I know Shuv, the Raider was silly low numbers compared to F1. If I had the money spare I would snap up the Evo 6 they have.

I always keep my eye out for a raider as I would love one if the right one came up, however in my opinion I think it/they are little bit too expensive.

There are so many people putting 200's up at ridiculously low prices at the moment - even a low mileage 200, with every option ticked is only around £8000. It would be hard to justify the extra £4.5k for the exclusivity unless you have the money to invest and drive very sparingly, as I do actually think they will continue to go up in value due to such low numbers.

I think the R27 is definitely one to keep though and I do believe the values of a well maintained, low mileage, most desirable colour one like yours will only go one way in the future once the 197/200 market finally settles - I only wish mine was low mileage (and liquid yellow :smiley:) like yours!

There is currently a 52,000 miles R27 on ebay for £6,790 and if that sells for that, I'm with Shuv and will say yours will be creeping up towards 5 figures to the right buyer.

** Just to add, the raider in question, services are only shown on the advert as being done in 2013, 2015, 2018. Surely this isn't correct full history, unless i'm missing something ?

Last edited:
I always keep my eye out for a raider as I would love one if the right one came up, however in my opinion I think it/they are little bit too expensive.

There are so many people putting 200's up at ridiculously low prices at the moment - even a low mileage 200, with every option ticked is only around £8000. It would be hard to justify the extra £4.5k for the exclusivity unless you have the money to invest and drive very sparingly, as I do actually think they will continue to go up in value due to such low numbers.

I think the R27 is definitely one to keep though and I do believe the values of a well maintained, low mileage, most desirable colour one like yours will only go one way in the future once the 197/200 market finally settles - I only wish mine was low mileage (and liquid yellow :smiley:) like yours!

There is currently a 52,000 miles R27 on ebay for £6,790 and if that sells for that, I'm with Shuv and will say yours will be creeping up towards 5 figures to the right buyer.

** Just to add, the raider in question, services are only shown on the advert as being done in 2013, 2015, 2018. Surely this isn't correct full history, unless i'm missing something ?

Yes !

I wouldn’t consider the best part of £13k on what is still a MK3 for a single millisecond personally....

Last edited:
I think they’ll get best part of asking price. Nice car. May well hold value or creep up.
Would I pay it. Absolutely not. It’s not a world beating car. Not massively fast. Not drop dead gorgeous either imo.
If we wasn’t Renault enthusiasts we wouldn’t be giving it a second glance.

Only my tuppence worth. No offence to anyone

I think they’ll get best part of asking price. Nice car. May well hold value or creep up.
Would I pay it. Absolutely not. It’s not a world beating car. Not massively fast. Not drop dead gorgeous either imo.

I’m with you. Exclusive of course. And I reckon seller will get the best chunk of that too.

But not desirable to me personally: especially at more than double the price a decent late 200 can be had for.

***We’ll both be looking tw**s when they are making £20k in a few years and ours are worth 3 and sixpence :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Big Ben

Did you have a look at the blue Evo 6 on their site Ben? As said I would snap that up if I had the spare money but to other people £36k for an 20 year old Evo is steep or just plain silly money and just think what you could get new for that. I think the white basic Evo RS, concours or not is a tad overpriced but these cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay. The guy I bought my F1 from sold a 900 odd mile Clio V6 for over £50k!

Reactions: Big Ben
Theres no long term investment in that car.
Private value on that is 10k tops so there is a hefty mark up ( im all for margins but there is a 25% dealer tax on it )
lets say 12k, plus storage costs & belts again say in a few years-

Cant say there is any chance of any investement potential there.
You will need to keep that for 10-15 years at least to start seeing prices go up.
Plus a grey raider is the right colour to buy.

Reactions: Cossers and Sean197
As with everything, it depends how you assign value to things. Some people will put £4K down then spend £300 a month for 3 years to run around in a BMW only to have to hand it back after then, with this it would cost you less and you would have an asset at the end. Owners groups are notorious for berating the value of vehicles, but for someone to who £12k is not the end of the world, reads the odd internet review of what a great driving car, that they are the end of an era and so on, why not buy a shiny car? When I started driving I would have probably given a kidney for the first Lotus Elan that did not break down on a test drive after reading magazine reviews of how great they were.
Now I own a Clio I look at this one and think, apart from leather seats (which make you sweat in hot weather and freeze in the cold) it's just a typical halo run-out car with a bit of different trim and a sticker. The dash even reminds me of the standard Clio with the silver trim and and the 18" wheels will just add extra weight to already weighty un-sprung mass. Although the 15" tyres they claim to have fitted will save some over standard!

Reactions: sevenfourate
... why not buy a shiny car?

This one deffo isn’t that ! :smirk: :tearsofjoy:

I agree with all you’ve said though. £12k is peanuts to many for what is an iconic car / to add to an enthusiasts collection being last model, top spec etc

For the average Joe with a few quid its some supplement over a late stock 200 though. Especially if mid term value doesn’t look like increasing. Will it hold its own in the shorter term we ask....

This one deffo isn’t that ! :smirk: :tearsofjoy:

I agree with all you’ve said though. £12k is peanuts to many for what is an iconic car / to add to an enthusiasts collection being last model, top spec etc

For the average Joe with a few quid its some supplement over a late stock 200 though. Especially if mid term value doesn’t look like increasing. Will it hold its own in the shorter term we ask....
I have never, ever bought a car with a view to it's final value, that is a way to end up crying. I suspect a if a few people on here started adding their invoices up, £12k might look quite cheap.

I love my little r27, it’s very clean and lowish miles all things considered it’s nearly 12 years old, FUTURE classic, possibly, all depends on how hard it is going to get to keep a petrol car on the road, unless I was utterly loaded it rather try and keep a nice petrol 997 on the road as it’s a no brainier as far as future demand will go on them , only one way, up! I think another 10 years, low mileage mint ones will easily get 10k plus, now, unless you hoping it’s going to become an investment or simply just love the car and don’t care the cost, you’d really have to love them to spend 13k on one, just my opinion at the end of the day and I recon that anyone seriously think of this car will not be at all swayed by my opinion but by the current state of the market and general demand for the model, there was a lovely, 2 owner 30k minty mint mint LY r27on on eBay not so long ago, it was a stunning car, from inside to outside and under the hood, the guy had it listed at 10k for a few months, reduced it to 8k and still sat for over a month! If the demand was there at 10k that car would have been away in hours, In the end it just disappeared, don’t know if it sold or he took it off hoping to try it again in ten years! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate