25mm spacers, too much?

MissMagpiev6

Paid Member
Hey all, so last thing I need for the stance is the spacers. I was intending on 20mm spacers, which Larkspeed sell but then I need to buy the longer bolts too which is a pain.

They do the 25mm spacers that bolt straight to the hub, job done and only £200 for the four. Is it too much though?

I had terrible rubbing on my 172, I dont want to mess the 197 up!

Any help would be great, cheers :coffee:

The H&Rs are a fantastically built piece of kit but I was strongly advised by my tuner 25mm spacers would spoil the handling.

I'm sure someone who actually fitted them will be along with more experience though!

hmmm they do look a little too 'out' in that piccy. Now im undecided! Can anyone help with 20mm spacers & bolts please as I really struggle to get the bolts!

cheers

25mm all day, doesn't upset the handling, it increases the ground offset, effectively giving it go kart/ race car setting. The original settings for a 197 are quite wet.

25mm all day, doesn't upset the handling, it increases the ground offset, effectively giving it go kart/ race car setting. The original settings for a 197 are quite wet.

Good man to listen too and I think they look good with the 25s but each to their own.

I've just put 20's on mine, they do change the handling. The wider stance makes it tramlines a little more and it'll tug on camber (more than they already do). At slow speeds I've noticed the weight of the steering is a little different too.

Good news is, I'm two weeks in, it's done a few hundred miles and quick session of hooning, and the handling still seems great, all my wheels are still attached (and correctly torqued) and I'm not dead :thumbsup:

I've just put 20's on mine, they do change the handling. The wider stance makes it tramlines a little more and it'll tug on camber (more than they already do). At slow speeds I've noticed the weight of the steering is a little different too.

Good news is, I'm two weeks in, it's done a few hundred miles and quick session of hooning, and the handling still seems great, all my wheels are still attached (and correctly torqued) and I'm not dead :thumbsup:

Had my 20mm's on about a month and feels exactly the same as you've described. Very happy with them only downside is a very rare knock through the steering wheels is now slightly more noticeably (probable the rack)

As where to find them try German eBay just search for Eibach Spurverbreiterungen 40mm, there should be ones there including wheels bolts, just have to put the description in to a translator to double check.