Thoughts on the features of the next gen Clios

So I was sitting and thinking of features I've seen/heard of in other cars that I would have loved to have on the Clio.

Things like the headlights coming on when the car is unlocked (would be so handy living in a rural location for when I do my early/late shifts as no street lighting)

Also the windows/sunroof doing up when you lock the car.

I'd also like a bonnet release on the drivers side (I know they are LHD manufactured originally and the bonnet release makes sense for that)

I know that every generation has new features over the old generation so it got me thinking.

What features would people like to see?
what features do you think Renault will actually improve?
Or even what features could Renault remove? (like with the 200 and xenons)

definatly needs the windows and sunroof auto open and close with key fob,

auto rear view mirror to stop glare,

and adaptive high beam headlights

global locking i believe its known as (auto close windows by holding the lock button on the fob)

Dual climate control, Bluetooth, Electrochrome rear view as standard, on board WiFi, Xenons. Electric heated seats with memory function. Heated front window to go with rear and mirrors would be nice.

All these things are heavy though.

Must keep keyless entry! Could bear having to pull out my key like a pleb lol.

really like the 'lane change indicators', quick swipe of the stalk makes them flash just 3 times
activating the lights from the fob is nice, starting the engine from the fob would be even better but I've only ever seen that as an after market mod.
bring back xenons (with hidden washers this time)
better sat-nav integration (hate the flip up screens, they look like an afterthought) the new VW's do this very nicely.

1. Keyless Entry.

2. Switchable throttle mapping like the 250 Cup.

3. Starter Button, big and red like in a fighter jet.

4. Lap Timer and the ability to download track maps.

5. Free tax, free insurance and a free trackday if buying new.

Would love the starter on the gearstick... SLR style :wink:

Larger, colour digital display in the middle of the dash, separate Android OS in the centre console providing things like Sat-Nav, Torque and other useful apps.

Keep the Recaros (leather/alcantara optional) and chunky steering wheel, good driving position etc,

Oh and add all the usual RS qualities i.e. handling and fun :thumbup:

Option for an auto with paddles. Would make achieving the 0-62 time easier.

Smaller CC engine with supercharger and turbo (e.g. new Polo, new Vrs etc).

Wingman number 2 is most likely a dead cert and paul I've heard rumours of an iPad like device being used in some of renaults next gen models.
If it does go turbo throttle mapping would definitely be nice!
I already have TPMS in my Clio and detest the system and cost of replacing bits of it.
I agree with bringing back xenons though, I love mine.

I'd like the next gen to be 5 door with only the RS versions being 3 door so they stand apart more. Typically everything is going to be 5 door though :worried:

- windows and sunroof auto open and close with key fob
- oil temperature gauge
- Recaro seats in leather & alcantara (as an option at least)
- REAL 210bhp

Everything else is already available on the 197/200:

- xenons
- keyless entry
- rain sensors

Last edited:
Keyless is so great, to ditch it would be a crime. The Mazda has most of the things people have mentioned and they are great, especially the auto dimming mirror and I love xenons! Never had them on my 197. The 3 flash indicators are cool, got them in my work van too. I do miss the cornering lights, I thought they were great when in car parks. The MPS lights turn, but the Clio ones were good in tight spaces. And I have to say, 5 doors are very handy! If they make a good job of the design, it might look good.

Lol, love it and totally agree.

Raptor we want more than 210bhp, I would prefer N/A but if we can't have that then a 2ltr twincharged lump would be acceptable.

I prefere TC engines more, but if they want the Clio to remain N/A, than make it 100kg lighter, and with REAL 210bhp, and it would be a rocket.

However, with all those downsizing & ecology, they will probably install a downsized TC engine. 1.6T with 210bhp maybe? I don't think they would go for a 2.0T engine (although they could easily use a Megane R26 engine with the modified gearbox, and LSD) although it would be a BOMB! IMHO. :smiley:

EDIT: 1.6T engine with ~210bhp - I don't think it's a good base for further tuning given in mind already good power on such small engine...of course, if they really decide to go that road.

But, with the R26 engine/gearbox/LSD in some Clio special edition (R28 maybe? :smiley:) this Clio would be very close to the current Megane RS. And with some tweaks that are already known when it comes to the R26 engine, it would be more fun to drive and faster....uhhhh....got me drooling now and it's not the Christmas lunch cooking...:smiley:

Last edited: