Thoughts on the features of the next gen Clios

I prefere TC engines more, but if they want the Clio to remain N/A, than make it 100kg lighter, and with REAL 210bhp, and it would be a rocket.

However, with all those downsizing & ecology, they will probably install a downsized TC engine. 1.6T with 210bhp maybe? I don't think they would go for a 2.0T engine (although they could easily use a Megane R26 engine with the modified gearbox, and LSD) although it would be a BOMB! IMHO. :smiley:

EDIT: 1.6T engine with ~210bhp - I don't think it's a good base for further tuning given in mind already good power on such small engine...of course, if they really decide to go that road.

But, with the R26 engine/gearbox/LSD in some Clio special edition (R28 maybe? :smiley:) this Clio would be very close to the current Megane RS. And with some tweaks that are already known when it comes to the R26 engine, it would be more fun to drive and faster....uhhhh....got me drooling now and it's not the Christmas lunch cooking...:smiley:

it will be 1.6turbo....power wise cant see it going beyond 200hp....

i'd like to see heated seats as standard and also i better braking system that doesnt corrode and fuse together haha

They would need to bring back the Xenons and keep the Recaros, Keyless, Auto Lights/Wipers for me.

I also think a MUCH improved sound/entertainment system and some more quality on the interior along with a TC engine and nice looks would be just about perfect.

Personally I wouldn't be arsed about the 'tablet' idea, from what I've read its gonna be a TOMTOM/Renault system with apps downloaded specifically from Renault, which essentially means it'll be a glitchy piece of crap with very limited functionality, personally it seems like a gimmick.

firstly make the clio lighter. more power and cheaper price tag. think it needs to be special especially when cars like the new fiesta st with turbo power and rallying tech handling could prove very tempting.