Thinking of getting a 197

Hi,
For the last couple of weeks I have been thinking bout buying a 197, there is one for sale pretty local 07 plate gray 8k on the clock for 9.5k, this is the same garage where I currently got my car from, I currently have a Audi TT quttro sport 240, the striped out 2 pole postion bucket seats one. I just want to clear want to clear some moneym but looking for something cheaper to run, insure, 4 seats, and not much slower and a 197 seems to fit the bill. I did have a fiesta st, that was running 170, en I should that because it wasnt quick enough, and Im worried a 197 wont be, could you please give me your views.
I have looked a bluefing the 197 and it goes to 212ish. the only put of I have is thinking I should of got the 197 f1, as i love them seats. any commenets please.

you wouldnt be disappointed in the 197.

however you need to know a few things first...
the 197 doesnt make 197bhp. the highest bhp ive seen is 192, this is at flywheel.
a remap will not put it upto 212 no matter what they claim. however the 197 will still do 60 in under 7secs.
insurance will be cheaper in the 197.
mpg is quite low though at around 25-30 average. can get to nearer 40 on motorway runs though.
as for the F1 R27. you are really just paying a premium for a little numbered plaque. you would be better off getting a FF 197 with recaros and cup suspension.

i came from a golf 1.8T running around 212bhp and i love my 197 so dont let these thing put you off in any way.
the 197 would out handle your TT by a long way so on twisty roads would be faster although your TT would out drag a 197 on the straight.
the ride is better in the 197 as the TT's are quite hard.
the mith about french cars isnt all true. as i has more problem with my mk4 than i have had with the 197.

what bout a 197 with out the cup bits en seats, as id probly lower it any way, en seats would try and pick some up when i see some for sale. thats the thing the TT i get 25mpg,and being the sport its got stiffing suspension, and insurance i manged to get for 550 (im 23) cause insurance ppl didnt know wot it was. I guess Ill have to take it for a test drive, im sure ill love it, i loved my st, en this would be the same but better brakes and more power.dont care bout striaghts, its all about the bends :innocent: lol

..where are you based...I have a mint 2008 Glacier White Cup for sale 21000 miles, unfortunately has standard seats but I am looking for similar money to the 07 plate you speak of!! (although that one is good miles for an 07 plate). Follow my link for details....priced at £10349, but I am willing to move on that...pm if interested......

what bout a 197 with out the cup bits en seats, as id probly lower it any way, en seats would try and pick some up when i see some for sale. thats the thing the TT i get 25mpg,and being the sport its got stiffing suspension, and insurance i manged to get for 550 (im 23) cause insurance ppl didnt know wot it was. I guess Ill have to take it for a test drive, im sure ill love it, i loved my st, en this would be the same but better brakes and more power.dont care bout striaghts, its all about the bends :innocent: lol

If like I have you plan on lowering then tbh there isn't a great deal of point getting cup chassis.
The recaros are like rocking horse poo and do go for around £1k due to this. And a problem with the 197 is noone as yet has done a replacement subframe so that any aftermarket seats could be fitted.
If you can you would be better finding one with recaros to start with.
Retro fitting them can be done though, you just need the cash and time finding some. I retro fitted mine as I had standard seats to start.