Things happening to the UR 197 and Opinions please! Got it back!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
I haven't changed anything on my red 197 for a bit, so I thought I would get the things done I have wanted to for ages.

So first up, I have booked the car in at an upholstry place for Saturday morning to have the seat repaired. When I bought the car, the previous driver must have sat continuously on the base side bolster, it has collapsed. So that is being sorted hopefully.

I have ordered a set of led interior bulbs, door and headlining lights will be changed. I hope I like it, but not that difficult to change back if I don't.

Next I have booked the car in to have the wheels done a week on Monday. This is where I need people's opinions.

I'm not sure whether to go anthracite or light grey. Alternatively I could just have mine repaired in a similar colour to the standard silver and save around £175! But I have been contemplating changing the colour for ages.

So, coment below. :thumbup:

Last edited:
on the other hand,get someone to photoshop a pic of your car with all different colour wheels,then you can decide much easier

Smart Care in Tipton. They have quoted £62 plus VAT for each wheel. I would go black but I think it might be a bit too much. I want to try and keep it from looking too modified. I know the Speedline's are black from Renault, but they are different wheels. I do have black mirrors yes.

What pics do you want Maz? I can't do photoshop and haven't done any of the above yet. Will get pics up when the bits have been done.

Last edited:
That's how I want mine to look I think. I like it. Sorry for nicking you picture btw Ken!

Are you still thinking of having yours done Roy? The lady on the phone from the wheels place said they do a nice gun metal grey that is in between silver and anth that might look good. I'm going down on Monday to have a look though. They are giving me a courtesy car, but not sure if I can do it or not. I might walk everywhere instead. Want to know what they have as courtesy cars?

The suit UR really well and obv maintain OEM look. I say do it!
Ive recently put anthracite wheels on my RB and i love them!

Last edited:
This is the courtesy car they are going to give me for 2 days!

Smartcarecourtesycar.jpg

Should I? Lol!

Are you still thinking of having yours done Roy? The lady on the phone from the wheels place said they do a nice gun metal grey that is in between silver and anth that might look good. I'm going down on Monday to have a look though. They are giving me a courtesy car, but not sure if I can do it or not. I might walk everywhere instead. Want to know what they have as courtesy cars?
yea mate want them done but until im back at work moneys tight they cut my pay by 200 quid a month so bit squeezed at the mo still looking into mobility car and take the197 of the road

I had an early Matiz as a courtesy car while my old Accord was being repaired, hadn't expected to have to go far, but ended up having to go on a job in Cardiff in it. I lived in Leeds at the time, that was quite a journey with 900cc of raw power!