thermostat

Ok update,i just checked by myself with obd and our thermo turn on the fan start in90 deg.
And my car is runing on 67 at the highway with 10c deg outside temp and in town/traffic 80-90 .
now i think its looking right and it is ok at all( maybe too coldy at highway but... Maybe it suppose to be like this ) thanks for everyone! :smile:

Last edited:
Ok update,i just checked by myself with obd and our thermo is 90c deg the fan start in90 deg.
And my car is runing on 67 at the highway with 10c deg outside temp and in town/traffic 80-90 .
now i think its looking right and it is ok at all( maybe too coldy at highway but... Maybe it suppose to be like this ) thanks for everyone! :smile:

Modifications without map can make your car temps different.

If you run rich, this could have a cooling affect, it could be your backbox and your car over-compensating. I'm purely speculating here, could be talking utter crap, but just an idea.

My car always runs on quarter and pulls harder on quarter, it only goes to half when I'm in a traffic jam. It's only done this since I've fitted a scorpion exhaust. I believe it to be the fact that it's running cooler as the exhaust is less restrictive. I also run nanodrive and legitimately believe that this is helping. Before nanodrive, my car ran just above quarter, a tiny bit. With nanodrive, it sits directly on half.

I don't think you've anything to worry about if it's running cooler. As long as your limiter isn't set lower by ECU because it thinks it's too cold, then your fine.

Back box has nothing to do with the temp,same about you with your sco exhaust.. Maybe u just noticed the temp after u upgraded the ex system .and about the rev limit system you probably right i guess(if our ecu can do that at all) :smiley:
So since the nanodrive your car is runing now @half always?highways too?
Im using castrol 5-40 btw

Last edited:
Back box has nothing to do with the temp,same about you with your sco exhaust.. Maybe u just noticed the temp after u upgraded the ex system .and about the rev limit system you probably right i guess(if our ecu can do that at all) :smiley:
So since the nanodrive your car is runing now @half always?highways too?
Im using castrol 5-40 btw

The ECU places a limiter when the car is cold. This can range from 5k to 7k, depending on engine warmth I believe. I've seen mine only go as low as 6500rpm as I forget it usually takes longer to warm up on cold days.

Yes, since nanodrive and exhaust. Anyone can call BS but I've seen it for my own eyes and am a massive believer. My car runs on quarter but only goes to half when I'm in a traffic jam.

I use Nanodrive 5w-40 :smile:

Last edited:
If your thermostat is showing a different temp after fitting a backbox or using a different oil then there's something wrong with your thermostat. Exhaust or oil will have no effect whatsoever on your engine temp.
If it's fluctuating get it looked at.

Thanks Kazu.
seems like your car is runing like mine( except that mine gets to 90 at traffic and than the fan kick in to work ) we both runing cold .i think ill change the thermostat
In my opinion our cars suppose to run somewhere around 75 on highways

Last edited:
The ECU places a limiter when the car is cold. This can range from 5k to 7k, depending on engine warmth I believe. I've seen mine only go as low as 6500rpm as I forget it usually takes longer to warm up on cold days.

Yes, since nanodrive and exhaust. Anyone can call BS but I've seen it for my own eyes and am a massive believer. My car runs on quarter but only goes to half when I'm in a traffic jam.

I use Nanodrive 5w-40 :smile:

if the 197 is set up similar to the 172/182 then when cold its only limited by a few 100rpm only depending on temps

Not sure if this is related, but I've just had all the belts and pump changed on the car and now my temperature needle seems to be a lot more stable. Before it used to fluctuate between the 2nd and 3rd marker quite a lot depending on if I was stuck in traffic.

Now it seems to sit pretty much static, the only time I can get it near the 3rd marker is if I drive it really hard and then come to a complete stop. Otherwise it sits on or just above the 2nd marker.

I know before the job my water pump bearings were making quite a bit of noise and the coolant was changed for new stuff as well.

Sounds like you runing cold ,you are not supppose to be @ 2 line at all..
Highway(lowest temp) is on 75% way between 2 to 3 line.and traffic abit above 3 rd line.
In numbers? 75-+ highway and around 80-85 traffic( sometimes 90 and fan get in work)

Mine's always run at that temp but I do short journeys most of the time during the week so maybe it don't get change to get up to temperature. It only really goes above that when I drive it hard or I'm stuck in traffic, on a long steady run it sits just above. Had it code read when the belts were done and other than a dodgy stalk I knew about nothing came up. Will keep an eye on it but it's been fine thus far and MPG isn't bad either which it would be if it was cold running all the time.