The Traffic Light GP

The Traffic Light GP

• Total voters
I had a TL GP the other day with a motorbike, only to be greeted with an Engine Management Light for a misfire! :-/

FAIL

Last edited:
HaHa! I love this thread! I too have to be in that right mood to be bothered to go for it.

Had one recently with a Fiesta ST, was on my way back from the local TGI's with my mate and the 2 girlfriends in the back, boot full of camping gear, and some chaved up ST pulls along side me and the passenger looks and giggles as the driver revs and edges forwards, I laugh and all my mate says is "yeah do them" . . . needless to say they were done, even with a fully loaded car! :wink: haha

Have done this a couple of times - the last time I had a nice little race with a GW 200. Was very fun, and even gave each other a friendly thumbs up when we went our separate ways lol

ST's have become so chavvy now they are cheap, shame because they are not bad cars for a 'warm' hatch. Nothing compared to a 197/200 though :smile:

A little too much of a stereotype for my liking (see my signature!) :rofl:

As for the topic, well, this used to be mine (the multi-coloured one!)

spainborder.jpg

Now obviously you won't believe me when I tell you that the 0-60 of this 2 stroke 180cc was 6,3 seconds - being 2 stroke and automatic helped :wink:

Now, owning a Saxo VTS at the same time, I knew what they were capable of. So when I was in Crawley one night, a VTR souped up stopped next to me at the lights. When they turned green, the dirty chav of a driver threw his McDonalds coke cup with ice cubes into my lap then burnt off, not realising that my little beastie was quicker.

Anyway, after totally rinsing the VTR, when he caught up, the drivers' window was open still with 5 shocked chavs in there, let's just say the coke cup was returned with the ice cubes through the drivers window, before I snuck off :wink:

Those Gillera runners were proper quick mike, I used to have a track spec Cagiva Mito, 165cc kit, custom one off pipe, ducati 749 race seat, no lights, no mirrors, no indicators, daytime mot it was as dangerous as it was quick and those little runners used to give me a proper headache off the lights, once I hit the powerband tho it was a different story..

18e9a9c6-1732-475b-85f7-40777b4de431.jpg

a9da93f8-a22b-4357-9c3e-8aee7a98c24b.jpg

I know it was off topic but couldnt resist posting a few pics...;-)

Last edited:
A little too much of a stereotype for my liking (see my signature!) :rofl:

Sorry Mike, my last car was a Zetec S that I bought new....had her 5 years and traded her for the Clio. She was a good car, dived into bends in wet weather though :worried:

I still have a soft spot for the ZS & ST, I loved mine, but now you rarely see an un-molested one.

I'm off to read your write up :smile:

Lol Mike you scally :smiley:

Those Gillera runners were proper quick mike, I used to have a track spec Cagiva Mito, 165cc kit, custom one off pipe, ducati 749 race seat, no lights, no mirrors, no indicators, daytime mot it was as dangerous as it was quick and those little runners used to give me a proper headache off the lights, once I hit the powerband tho it was a different story..

Well, the McDonalds cup was what annoyed me immensely. :smile::smile:

Yeah, the Runner 180 was pretty dam quick lol!!!

I had an Aprilia Touareg Wind. After the engine failure I've put in a Polini kit: 146.0800 KIT ROTAX ENGINE 123 that put out 38bhp@11krpm.

I used to "kill" Aprilia RS 125 replica, Cagiva Mito 125...:smiley:

Was very happy with it. I'm 16 in this photo...11 years old photo. :smiley:

Rene_Tuareg_1.jpg

Now I drive a Cagiva Raptor 1000 '01

ra1.jpg

ra6r.jpg

ra4m.jpg

18052008989.jpg

And we're waaaaay OT. :smiley:

i find my clio is a magnet for tailgaters, but not really traffic light GP. Im not arsed half the time anyway. Best solution is to slow down, (brake testing) and then drop a cog and speed up. Most people get the message.

I did stop completly once though when this penis in a tranny van just wouldnt get from up my bum. I was in traffic aswell. I stopped got out and asked him where he wanted me to go when theres another van infront of me. To which his reply was abuse obviously. lol

Reactions: papa
Has nobody noticed that a 197/200 is not very fast in a straight line? Traffic light GP is for a £2k 15 year old MR2 turbo. Try beating a redtop nova(worth~£1500) off the lights and you will be left embarrassed –BY A NOVA! Our 106GTI is quicker down the quarter mile than our 197. On a dual carriageway a chipped diesel will probably beat you too.
I think(just my opinion) that the clio is more about handling. It does A&B roads and track days like not much else. I take corners in the clio comfortably higher speed than I used to in my impreza TypeR(on coilovers 24mm ARBs, Alloy droplinks and polybushed). The clio is safe, full of equipment, comfortable and handles great. I love it. Reminds me of a safer, up-to-date 306 GTI6. It is not a straight line fast car.
People are being very judging – remember, you are driving a ‘Renault Clio’ calling Fiestas and the like ‘Chavvy’ as if your car is on a pedestal. IT IS A CLIO. A badly put together French box with sooo many faults. Any conversations like this calling other cars ‘chavvy’ makes 197/200 drivers look up their own ar5es.
Rant over!! lol
I still absolutely love our 197, and enjoy this forum. Please take my opinion in the light hearted manner it was intended.