197: The R27 has gone.......

Well, between Christmas and NY, I sold my beloved Clio. I had the car for around 14 months and loved every minute. It was such a fun car to drive and looked the part too. The only thing (for me) that the Clio lacked was POWER!
Not only that, in order to get any serious power gains it would have needed a lot of cash throwing at it so I decided to sell up and go back to my guilty pleasure :tongueout: .

So I have bought a 2003 Subaru impreza WRX STi Prodrive. its running 315 BHP at the moment and I dont really have any plans to change that in the near future. Its in mint condition and really quick! I'm currently averaging 18mpg lol. I will get some pics up when the weather is a bit better and I can clean it 1st.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me out and given me advice in the past. I will defo stick around though as it is a great site.

Last edited:
Excellent! Really do like Scoobs. The only thing that puts me off is having to sell the house to be able to afford to run it lol.

Excellent! Really do like Scoobs. The only thing that puts me off is having to sell the house to be able to afford to run it lol.

They are expensive to run but great to drive. This is my 3rd Scooby now. Wish I could afford to have kept the Clio and bought the Subaru, i would have had the best of both worlds then lol.

Good choice! I know what you mean about the lack of power, but for now the handling's making up for that for me. I've no doubt I'll go back to more power in the future, but like you say, it'd be nice to be able to save a bit longer and keep the Clio too.

Glad you're sticking around too, from my short stay so far, it does seem like one of the better sites. :thumbup:

:bye2::bye2::bye2: sorry to see you go mate
Hope you enjoy your new baby

Sorry to hear the R27 has gone, but what a fine replacement the Impreza will be. :smile:

They are expensive to run but great to drive. This is my 3rd Scooby now. Wish I could afford to have kept the Clio and bought the Subaru, i would have had the best of both worlds then lol.

I ran an Impreza WRX 2004 blob eye and my Clio R27 for a year. The only real downside to it was the fact that I could only use the NCB on one car so it cost a fortune to insure the Clio for the 1st year with no NCB on the policy

Clio's fast but I think outside of personal circumstance for changing (new job, fuel costs...), many have decided to go down a similar route once they have exhausted their quest for power or were reluctant to throw any more money at it. Especially as money v gains were hard to always justify. Pity that there are no bolt on options available yet but even so, you'd still have to equally justify putting 4-5 grand into a second hand car.

Would you still have changed if they were available? Good luck with the scoob.....no lack of power or options available there!!!!

Last edited:
the reason i changed my clio 200 was for more power, its not a nice feeling when your friend in an fiesta st can keep up, thats with exhaust,tune and itg fitted. currently running a 260 bhp mini gp, waiting in summer to get bigger supercharger and head so il be around the 290 bhp mark. this guy in an evo 8 fq300 was showing off in town last week, he followed me and we went down an empty duel carrigeway, both booted it, he couldnt overtake me. my car looks stock but packs serious punch underneath. ive driven a wr1 and it wasent that good, very understeery but very rapid though

Clio's fast but I think outside of personal circumstance for changing (new job, fuel costs...), many have decided to go down a similar route once they have exhausted their quest for power or were reluctant to throw any more money at it. Especially as money v gains were hard to always justify. Pity that there are no bolt on options available yet but even so, you'd still have to equally justify putting 4-5 grand into a second hand car.

Would you still have changed if they were available? Good luck with the scoob.....no lack of power or options available there!!!!

Litchy, If bolt on options were available i probably would have stuck with the Clio depending on price / reliabilty etc. The Clio's are awesome little cars and do exactly what they were built for. Hence why it was difficult to sell up. I looked at R26's before the Subaru as they are more 'modifyable' than the Clio, but in the end went back to what I know best. I am certainly not ruling out buying another 197 / 200 in the future though.

Managed to get a few pics of the car after I finally got round to giving her a quick wash at work a few weeks ago. Been working away loads recently so it's been sat at work for a while. Since taking the pics I have removed the silly STi stickers on the spoiler. I will get some better pics up when I get chance to spend some time giving it a good wash / polish.

Since buying the car I have spent a small fortune on getting her in top condition. New front discs and pads, new front Anti roll bar links, 4 x new Toyo Proxes, full service, MOT, had the boot lid painted as it was scratched & all the wheels refurbed. Now it looks like she has to go because I have been offered a job that I just can't turn down, which means working all over the world and having a company car when i'm back in the UK so the Scooby will be sat twiddling its thumbs :thumb1:

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg