197: The project continues...Just bought a Meg 250 cup engine and box

After thinking about selling the Clio and moving on, the opportunity to buy a Meg 250 cup engine and box was too tempting. So the first question is can it be done. Well was looking on meganesport and a company just fitted a 250 into a megane 225 so it will fit, given the Megane 225 engine fits into a Clio. The gearbox is the cup which is a bonus as it comes with the LSD diff standard.
Heres the link. Theres also stuff on their face book page.
http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?58672-Engine-Megane-RS-250-in-Megane-RS-II
I'm hoping they used the Meg 225 driveshalfs otherwise its custom jobies. Need some other bits but I'm taking my time with it. Plan is maybe Easter 2013.

Stuff to work out but thats the fun of projects. The aim is stage 2 which at RS Tuning is 326 bhp. Although, there is a company in Holland that offer stage 3 360 bhp and 500NM on standard internals. Pity the turbo cost around 3 grand!!!!!
http://www.br-performance.be/nl-be/...2548-megane-3-2008/3874-rs-trophy/?stage=3137

Wish me luck......

Last edited:
Good move Litchy, can't wait to see it done. Do you know if it is possible to transfer the revo-knuckle suspension thingymagig from the Meg too? Now that would be awesome and if your using a Meg loom you should be able to fit the RS monitor.

Now all we need is someone to chuck a V6 lump into the 197/200

Good move Litchy, can't wait to see it done. Do you know if it is possible to transfer the revo-knuckle suspension thingymagig from the Meg too? Now that would be awesome and if your using a Meg loom you should be able to fit the RS monitor.

Now all we need is someone to chuck a V6 lump into the 197/200

Thanks Mr F. I'm trying to keep it as simple as poss tbh (if I can get away with it). lol.

think i would of had a 250cup instead :blink:

The cars a project that keeps me from getting under the wifes feet. Keeps me busy sourcing parts and trying stuff and not having to cut the grass or following her round Tesco. Plus the last time I looked at a rs250, they were over 20 grand....I guess I would have just bought one if I really wanted one but the clio is a bit of fun and should be seen it that context, not instead of a 250.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr F. I'm trying to keep it as simple as poss tbh (if I can get away with it). lol.

The cars a project that keeps me from getting under the wifes feet. Keeps me busy sourcing parts and trying stuff and not having to cut the grass or following her round Tesco. Plus the last time I looked a rs250 over 20 grand....

Fair play, the way i see it will save you spending the extra £10 grand on buying a 250. Lol

ecu should be easy enough as its the same type, just need to match fusebox wiring from clio and have imoboliser coded... ktec should be able to sort with this..