The new road laws in effect from today!

Hello people!
Today the goverment have brought out new road laws where drivers will be prosecuted for the following offences:

Tailgating
Middle lane driving

These also come with 3 points!

Seatbelt fines have also risen to £100! I think this also comes with 3points!

Be careful! The police will be hot on this for the next few weeks!

About time IMO..

Tailgaters are downright dangerous drivers and middle lane hoggers have absolutely no awareness what's happening around them which again is dangerous.

I agree with all of this, there's nothing that enrages me more down the m1 than people who just sit in the middle lane!

But yeah cheers for the heads up, plods will be all over for the next couple of weeks

Yeah im glad! I hate middle lane drivers! They're not drivers. They dont have a clue how to use the roads! I find they are usually people who are scared to drive at certain limits and worry about other road users! They shouldnt be on the roads! I drive a van in the week and do alot of motorway miles, i dont mess about when i drive i just want traffic to nicely flow and have all drivers on the road to be like minded like myself, but unfortuneately this will never be! I would like to speed limit to be put up to 80mph now lthou ike the rest of europe! But this seems in doubt! All the doogooders like the middle lane drivers we have protest against this and they are the ones stopping it from going through! I drive in europe alot and i have to say my personal opinion is that they are much better and more disapliined drivers than the british and the speed limit is 80mph out there!

Last edited:
Problem is there isn't any traffic cops to enforce this they have all been replaced by speed cameras

Middle lane drivers are utter bell ends.. see it all the time usually they are sat going slower than the people in the slow lane...

They need to introduce on the spot fines for morons who think its cool to have reg plates in the windows (claiming it's just fallen off) and fog lights during the day

Personally I think middle lane hogers should be shot when pulled over.

It would police itself then :smiley:

tfatf__0024_vin_diesel_15.jpg

​WHAT KINDA DRIVING IS THAT?!

Last edited:
They need to introduce on the spot fines for morons who think its cool to have reg plates in the windows (claiming it's just fallen off) and fog lights during the day
:thumbsup: Too right, fogs on when its not foggy bugs the hell outa me. Had an hours drive home yesterday after dark. Nearlly every car i passed had em on, couldnt c a damn thing!!