The enemy is stricking back ?

Dunno if you have seen the vid, but autocar (I think) raced the VXR and 197 around a track and the VXR won it.

Then on the otherhand, Fifth gear did the same and the 197 won it. Its track dependant.

Dunno if you have seen the vid, but autocar (I think) raced the VXR and 197 around a track and the VXR won it.

Then on the otherhand, Fifth gear did the same and the 197 won it. Its track dependant.

You can compare the ferrari enzo with the zonda f in a racetrack.
If you want to compare the 197 with the vxr, you take them on the mountains,you don't put them in a racetrack...there's too much room for a hatchback in a racetrack and a car like the corsa can hide its disadvantages..

I think I would trust Tiffs opinion more

What kind of monumental chav would spend that kind of money on a corsa, no matter how fast it is! :rofl::whatever:

Look sorry to say, lets get away from round a track and the twisties as most of the people on the site will never get there car on a trackday.

Also who in the world has lots of twisties round by them, you would be a nut job to drive your car fast round the so called twisties lol.

What if your car is going round the twisties.lol and there is a car brocken down round the corner in front of you, and a car is coming in the other lane?

So stop racing on the public highways and if you are a damon hill get on the track.

Round the twisties, lol.lol.lol.

Look sorry to say, lets get away from round a track and the twisties as most of the people on the site will never get there car on a trackday.

Also who in the world has lots of twisties round by them, you would be a nut job to drive your car fast round the so called twisties lol.

What if your car is going round the twisties.lol and there is a car brocken down round the corner in front of you, and a car is coming in the other lane?

So stop racing on the public highways and if you are a damon hill get on the track.

Round the twisties, lol.lol.lol.

You have the wrong car my friend.. and damon hill??? wtf?? Could'nt you find a batter one?

Trying to be impartial here! :smile: Both very good cars, its just down to personal preferance.

Trying to be impartial here! :smile: Both very good cars, its just down to personal preferance.

I had a VXR, now have a 200. Tbh, I'm the best person to judge these cars against each other.

Unlike most people that slag one or the other, they usually only go on what other people say :wink:

car was £14,000 brand new,i have spent £20,000 on it,its only cost so must as it was the first corsa to go over 300bhp,i have had to buy bits then replace them as it got more and more power, i have had 3 different exhauxst,4 intercoolers(i like it to be clean):innocent:,2 different cams 0-75 then 1.0 (let me just say,they did not go wrong we just think we needed to change,to help the power),£1,200 on FIA race seats,£1,400 on full cage, 6 sets of wheels,just got 3 sets of r888.
i have a quaife diff at the mo,but wavetrac in the USA have come out with a diff for the corsa vxr,so i have to have it,waste of money i know,but it is my money.also i have a uprated clutch in my car but regal have had a new race clutch made so its going in,so this will be my 3rd clutch (not had a problem with any of them)but if its 1% better i want it.it all cost.
plus it is my money and i can aford it,so £35,000 for a 320bhp race car is not bad.:jase:

if you had the money you would all spend it on your clio also.:wink:

sounds immense dude an to be honest, if i had that sort of money to spend on my clio, a track day themed car would be exactly what i went for an it probs wouldnt look far off what youve got there.

all i can say is a corsa is posted on a clio forum, an hence the members are gonna be slightly biased lol. the same would occur if u was to post a clio 200 on a corsa forum.

its all fun an games dude :hug1: :headphone: lol

Like many have said it's down to personally preferance. And my preference is Clio, by a long way.

Don't like how the VXR looks, let's stick stuff here, here and here. And it doesnt do anything, kind of like the focus RS. I dont like chav racers so why build cars to look like them? To over the top and vulgar in my opinion. I would much rather be understated than over stated.

But like I said this is opinion, not fact!

Btw as an engineer feet, congrats Wayne would love to have a look and listen round that!

Last edited:
Like many have said it's down to personally preferance. And my preference is Clio, by a long way.

Don't like how the VXR looks, let's stick stuff here, here and here. And it doesnt do anything, kind of like the focus RS. Nobody likes chav racers so why build cars to look like them? To over the top and vulgar in my opinion. I would much rather be understated than over stated.

But like I said this is opinion, not fact!

Btw as an engineer feet, congrats Wayne would love to have a look and listen round that!

Surely the fact the have sold soo many more Vxrs than 197s goes to show that people do like them?

I must admit I'm not too sure about this one. I don't like the odd wheels and the colour looks flat... Also, I hope the primer on the front arch won't make it to the production models or it'll just look like one of those Barry'd up old Corsas with an unpainted bodykit and 17 year old job-dodging owner. :tongueout:

However, a mate of mine in his 40's has a VXR in red, with the optional Remus system on it and I have to admit it looks mean in the flesh. It sounds the part too. I don't think they're a bad car by any stretch and if I hadn't fell in love with a 197 when I drove one on track then I would've seriously looked into getting a VXR instead of my 197.

I agree though that as long as manufacturers keep pushing the boundaries and each other, the real winner will be us, the consumers. :wink: