The enemy is stricking back ?

The Vauxhall's Nurburgring VXR

car_photo_369964_25.jpg

car_photo_369970_25.jpg

car_photo_369967_25.jpg

I quote from Auto express website -

Meet the not so mellow yellow machine that’s gunning for the hot hatch crown. These spy shots show Vauxhall’s fastest-ever Corsa VXR – the Nürburgring Edition. The limited-run model is named in honour of the famous German circuit used for high-speed testing – and where these exciting pictures were snapped. A host of go-faster tweaks should make it the fastest supermini hot hatch on sale, not to mention the quickest around the ’Ring.

Under the bonnet is the familiar 1.6-litre turbo engine, with a special sports exhaust and revised ECU increasing power from the standard VXR’s 189bhp to close to 200bhp. That’s likely to mean a 0-60mph time of 6.5 seconds and a 145mph top speed. Other mechanical changes include a wider track, specially developed tyres and new lightweight alloys, which reduce unsprung weight. Brembo brakes will ensure the car stops as well as it corners, and should help the special smash the regular VXR’s Nürburgring lap record of eight minutes 47 seconds.

There will be a few visual upgrades, too. At the front is a lower lip spoiler, while the rear diffuser gets exhausts on either side; the standard model has a single centre-exit pipe. Unique paintwork and a host of graphics and badging will complete the exterior tweaks, while inside are sporty leather-clad Recaro seats and carbon fibre trim.

Only around 1,000 examples are expected to be made available, each costing £19,500.

This isn’t the first VXR to wear the Nürburgring Edition tag – a run-out version of the hot Astra was launched with the same badge in 2008. It featured suspension upgrades, along with white paint.

That look about as bad as any other Vauxhall, I really really hope its not actually going to be sold with odd wheels - or even with yellow ones! Im pretty sure this shows a level of desperation. You know what they say though; imitation is the highest form of flattery! :lol:

Now I have actially seen the photos; oh my god that colour is terrible! They have clearly tried and failed miserably to copy a LY. Im assuming its just because it is cornering but the stance looks shocking too!

Last edited:
That look about as bad as any other Vauxhall, I really really hope its not actually going to be sold with odd wheels - or even with yellow ones! Im pretty sure this shows a level of desperation. You know what they say though; imitation is the highest form of flattery! :lol:

im with you on this one dude. the VW advert comes into mind.

Got a rear diffuser with twin tail pipes - like a Clio RS
Got recaro seats - like a clio RS
Got brembo brakes - like a clio RS

:coffee:

as said above really, looks like desperation, but if it is puttin out them sorta figures, shud b a quick motor

I dont think the colours are to be taken seriously as this isnt the finished motor.

I was going more for the figures. They are sounding quite good! Should we be affraid? :smile:

Dont like...

Power figures are good, it must shift. I still dont think it will hold its speed through corners though. Like paul said, shocking stance!

justjamie said:
Got a rear diffuser with twin tail pipes - like a Clio RS
Got recaro seats - like a clio RS
Got brembo brakes - like a clio RS

Makes you warm inside doesn't it :tongueout:roud:

If it wasnt yellow and had odd coloured wheels then I think it would be quite smart.

However, 19500 for a Corsa? You'd have to be no right in the heed to pay that.

I love the wheels :lol:
Theres a reason for for that though.

I don't like the colour and I prefer the old diffuser with the centre exhaust.

Hopefully it does really well. Competition is a good thing for us petrolheads it keeps every manufacturer on their toes. :thumbsup:

I wonder if it will be quicker than the Astra VXR nur'

If it wasnt yellow and had odd coloured wheels then I think it would be quite smart.

However, 19500 for a Corsa? You'd have to be no right in the heed to pay that.

Exactly what I was thinking, that price is going to be with no optional extras and quite frankly for that money you can afford an R26.R. They still look too skinny head or rear on and still are a vauxhall.