The economy

I got £4000 in shares and in the last 2 yrs I have made a grand total of £199
WoW

I put £1k into something and made £400 in a week. That's my best so far. I do lots of research and watching. I'm in in for the short game. The long game requires a lot of patience and bigger balls IMO.

Small oil and gold companies is where I've made money. Big companies are a slow investment because they're already big. Put 1k into an oil company that's about to start drilling - just speculation can see you gain a cheeky £100 :wink:

I have shares through my job, in the company I work for. We get them at 15% discount and I have been paying in 10% of my weekly wage for the last 4 years. Got most of them during the recession at around $53 each. Now more than trebled in value, and hit an all time high yesterday. I am in it for the long run, it is better returns than a savings account and I don't miss it because its not there in the 1st place

Mine are there for the long term I just play around with half the money some you win some you lose
4 yrs ago I made 3 grand but things were good

The previous government spent way too much money IMO and created a benefit society. They were giving rises on benefits during a recession FFS, that kind of spending was never sustainable surely. I used to vote Labour but will vote conservative in the next election as I'm genuinely scared about them getting back into power, to the point we have been discussing emigrating if they do

The previous government spent way too much money IMO and created a benefit society. They were giving rises on benefits during a recession FFS, that kind of spending was never sustainable surely. I used to vote Labour but will vote conservative in the next election as I'm genuinely scared about them getting back into power, to the point we have been discussing emigrating if they do

There's another option vote UKIP, been looking at them for a while now as I voted last time for the tories to get rid of labour and the tories (with the help of libdems) gone back on pretty much everything as well totally screwing over britain unless of course your a banker or member of the elite class.

Emigrating would have been a good choice a while back but very few countries worth going to now as most of them knee deep in the brown stuff as well.

There's another option vote UKIP, been looking at them for a while now as I voted last time for the tories to get rid of labour and the tories (with the help of libdems) gone back on pretty much everything as well totally screwing over britain unless of course your a banker or member of the elite class.

Emigrating would have been a good choice a while back but very few countries worth going to now as most of them knee deep in the brown stuff as well.

I was talking to a bloke about work about UKIP, he didn't vote for them as he said it felt like a wasted vote and wanted Labour out lol

TBH we've been talking about moving to either Australia or Newzeland for a while, with Gemma being a registered Nurse and a qualified teacher, and me being an experienced engineer we wouldn't have too much hassle getting in. I'm not for one minute under the impression it's a cheaper way of life over there but at least it's a bit more laid back and the weathers good :smile:

Both those countries would snap up skilled workers and always have done, got family members who went out for 10 years to live/work in Australia and that was now 22 years ago as never came back.
Europe & middle east used to be good places to go and work as I've worked in both those regions but with europe broke and middle east heading for world war 3 wouldn't want to go there now.

History shows that the country is almost always in a worse state after a Labour government than it was before it gains power. Blair is a complete c**t but Brown is the real creator of our disaster. Best thing that happened to Labour in my opinion is Ed Miliband as he is a complete tool and they are fu*ked with him at the helm.

Im not a Tory boy either but at least they are realists. The Labour plan is great in a text book but never translates to the real world.

Rant over and I feel much better now :smile: