The dreaded MOT time...

Why do I always get so worried when it comes upto MOT time...

I've just booked mine in for its MOT tomorrow and to say I'm worried is an understatment.
It sailed through last year, only advisory was tire tread. (Its had 4 new tires so no worries there)
I've stripped and cleaned the rear brakes so the handbrake now works to perfection (it didn't even stick at all this morning with -3 temps last night, a first for me while I've owned the clio).

I think it's becuase you know if one of these cars fails its MOT you know its going to cost you £££.

Come on little clio, prove me wrong :blink::mellow::'(

If I was single then yes...

I promised my girlfriend I would start saving money so that I might actually be able to move out of my parents house one day.

She's always ruining my fun :glare:

dont do it, once the claws are in you are doomed, it will be kids next then double doomed.

Cant you just have a 'problem' that can only be 'fixed' by a set of cams?

if you check the obvious -

lights
wipers/washers
tyres
make sure brakes work
seatbelts
no warning lights on
number plates (yes i got caught on this one!!!)

you will be surprised what can get through the test - unless its really worn/unsafe you will get a pass and advise on the certificate!

sometimes it is good practice to combine a service and mot at the same time

^^^^^

just make sure they do the service first! as some will do it after for robbing reasons..................

Just had the dreaded call... it failed.

Even after the rear brake strip the brakes are still binding. Fault is the rear brake lines.
£164 including the MOT, 2 brake lines & fitting labor.

if you check the obvious -

lights
wipers/washers
tyres
make sure brakes work
seatbelts
no warning lights on
number plates (yes i got caught on this one!!!)

you will be surprised what can get through the test - unless its really worn/unsafe you will get a pass and advise on the certificate!

sometimes it is good practice to combine a service and mot at the same time

when you say number plates will these pass?
8153501294_77a2243e32.png
few with the KW's on 012 by chickster2012, on Flickr

depends how keen the tester is....mine did have a honeycomb background and to be honest i knew they were "illegal" but it wasnt picked up on previous tests...i now have a set of "mot number plates" :poke:

well i will try me luck with these and if no joy it looks like i will have to get some MOT number plates.

tar for the info:thumbup1:

Just had the dreaded call... it failed.

Even after the rear brake strip the brakes are still binding. Fault is the rear brake lines.
£164 including the MOT, 2 brake lines & fitting labor.

what/which brake "lines"? :tongueout:anic: