The Definitive What Wheels Thread...

Slightly as it’s a bit low on coilovers, would be fine if you’re on springs. The 225 tyre is the most likely cause.

Bit of front camber should sort it I think.
Was close to buying a set of these until guy said he removed arch liners!
Others run them on 215 with neg camber no issues though

Hey guys, so I recently had to pick up some parts and removed the spare wheel and passenger seat to fit it all in, the car felt so much lighter on it's feet I'm now looking into some lightweight wheels.

I'm interested in OZ Ultraleggeras yet can only find 7.5x17 5x108 in titanium with et40 which I think may stick out too far. I've seen recommendations here that it should be 45 minimum and ideally 55.

If they aren't available is there any other lightweight wheels with a similar style I should be looking at?

Cheers :smile:

Thanks Peter, I was looking for the original 7.5" size but as the cup racers and a lot of others use 8" I see no harm.

I've only seen a few posts saying lighter wheels make a big difference, is there any improvement in power, ride quality or handling?

... is there any improvement in power, ride quality or handling?

power? no.
ride quality? depends on what tyre you'll be using. not the rim.
handling? 8" wide allows you to go for a 225 tyre, which is supposed to give you more grip than a 215.

Thanks Peter, I was looking for the original 7.5" size but as the cup racers and a lot of others use 8" I see no harm.

I've only seen a few posts saying lighter wheels make a big difference, is there any improvement in power, ride quality or handling?
Lighter wheels help with turn in. Car feels a little more nimble. Any weight saving is beneficial.

Reactions: 19Zen
Thanks for the info. I've had a look at different wheels and it's down to either Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's or Ultraleggeras.

I'd really like to find the Ultras in crystal titanium but seems the highest offset they're available in that'll fit is et40.

Last edited:
Sorry to resuscitate the thread, but I am in a big dilema.
My 200 has the Speedlines on it, and trying to make an ideea what's the J and ET.

Having 25mm spacers, I would like to think they are the 7.5J, but took out a wheel and have all kind of stamped info on the inside :

8J17 5CH68
7.5J17 5CH68 (with an X or + next to it )
SL1977
SPEEDLINE
8200616058 BLA
8200858947 NO

Can't find the ET anywhere on them, and the offset ( J ) is unclear for me, as it states 7.5j and 8J.

Anyone can shed some light please ?

Thank you

They will be 7.5j width and offset 68 if that’s the set of digits with the X next to them.

Reactions: Racky
Pssst...

8RCMdQb.jpg

Tomason TN25 Superlight
8x18 5x108 ET45 ~7,9kg

Only 199,- € instead of 259,- € in black at the moment but you haven't heard that from me, ok! :wink:

Reactions: Paul_D and DS197