The crunchy 197

Where I used to work, we had a fleet of Ifor trailers. Constantly chewing wheel bearings and brake pads, no idea why. Now, I have my Brian James and work supplied me with a Woodford, both have been great, the latter covering over 30k miles of abuse in the last 5 months. Shame you got a bit of a lemon but thankfully you're handy enough that it was a relatively easy fix.

Can't say I'm surprised about your telling off though, after seeing you lot last year at Snetterton, it makes sense :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: RSRowe
It had defo had a hard life and the lack of maintenance probably didn’t help. It’s a 1999 year model too, which is impressive that it’s still in one piece tbh.
For the use it’ll have with me and the fact it’ll be dry stored, I imagine it’ll last for another 20 years no bother.

Meh! We weren’t even that bad I don’t think. People make out like we’re racing each other and shit, but in reality we just drive consistently and follow each other’s lines :tearsofjoy:

Hey Mate,

Nice built ! Wanted to ask you which flywheel bolts you are now using ? I Want to fit my TTV flywheel After seeing whats Happening to your original Bolts i‘m a Bit afraid of going the original root again

Yeah so the 200 front end looks mint IMO….. until you stop squinting and get it outside.
This is the 2nd time it’s been painted now, and it’s still miles off. I guess the bonnet being a different colour to the wings doesn’t help, but the bumper paint was matched to the wings :expressionless:

Happy with me new RenaultSport plates though

5A9E7CBC-AC61-413F-BD9F-3A42B8DF86BA.jpeg

56CC53D3-CE48-4356-A186-092AD466E2A0.jpeg
9C365354-ED46-44E6-B6D9-C3629A7877D5.jpeg

000E0DEA-C241-4F9A-90A5-A4BB6FF5D73A.jpeg

Love it. I really do prefer the 200 front end and a nimbus is one of my favourites for a 200.

Can’t quite commit to the expense on mine though.

I’ve been fortunate to land on some cheap parts really.
I’m £530 into it so far. That includes the projector headlights, diffuser, bumper, and paint.
I imagine it’s gonna be another 150-200 to get the paint blended down the side of the car.

It’s one of those where it’s slowly come together over time, so the cost hasn’t been that noticeable.

It’s gonna look ace when it’s all one shade of silver I think

Did you get the usual warnings from the marshals yesterday?

I saw a few videos on FB of the Clio train. It looked like good weather for a track day.

Not a spot of bother all day. Was speaking to Opentrack Dave and he said it was very venue specific.
Cadwell and Anglesey are the most easy going, which definitely ties up with my experience so far.

Snetterton are by far the worst. Dave was saying they were even more keen at Brands, but I guess they do see quite a few accidents there.

Brands Hatch and Snetterton are under local council microscope, Brands hatch MSVR offices overlook track Health and safety based there and claims for members of the public have been made at events there, paddock scooter is one I know of large sum even before finished.

Deciding to add camber shims to the rear really has messed up my rear toe.

1016F0BF-4571-4466-8119-8CD6A07151AA.jpeg

13C5FFC2-79DE-42AD-80EA-348346387E84.jpeg

Car drives horrible, so hopefully they arrive on Wednesday/before. Otherwise I’ll be doing them in the pits at Croft :neutral:

I’ll keep it short and sweet. Hotel was nice and the food was banging. However, starting breakfast at 8am meant that we had to skip it to get to the briefing queue in time for the sighting laps.

DB1713E0-09E3-40FE-AA88-8A23A3B1C340.jpeg

5B31AB81-C10D-4C13-9C32-DB080FCEAC70.jpeg

The car drove horrible with the whacky toe. Loads of understeer and the rear felt like it was never settled.
Nick (Pure) was actually out of stock of the sizes I ordered, so he’s sent me an assortment.

Pretty poor turn out from the track baguettes, but me and Ben had some epic laps together.

Posting the video overtaking the GT2 on FB obviously went down as expected. Many people saying he was on a cool down lap.
I’d of posted the video where I pass him twice, but I was holding my steering wheel like a farmer and I knew people would cry

Wasn’t expecting much in the way of photos, but was pleasantly surprised

F82928B9-50EE-4A70-96CC-820ED49AE1A7.jpeg

055ACCFD-2764-4F9F-AD51-A5AC2DE679C7.jpeg

FB6BA79E-554A-47DB-A767-5893A5A90498.jpeg

(white wheels are still definitely my fave)

So a few of you might of seen I’ve listed the car for sale. I’ve been looking at E36’s (thanks @suj) :grimacing:

So with that in mind, I’ve obviously done the sensible thing and bought an all options ticked SW cage for it off of Facebook.
Just gotta venture up to Newcastle to pick it up now.

Nothing really lost, as it’ll resell for what I’ve paid. If the car doesn’t sell, then I’m not fussed.

So a few of you might of seen I’ve listed the car for sale. I’ve been looking at E36’s (thanks @suj) :grimacing:

So with that in mind, I’ve obviously done the sensible thing and bought an all options ticked SW cage for it off of Facebook.

Nothing really lost, as it’ll resell for what I’ve paid. If the car doesn’t sell, then I’m not fussed.
Would look decent the yellow on grey but does seem a weird move if your looking to
Find that bmw

I have no other justification than it being cheap.
I won’t lose money on it whatever happens

I was tempted by that cage but I couldn't quite justify it. Good purchase that! Must be £1300+ new?

1340 I believe. I paid a grand, plus I should be able to get 3-400 for mine.

Man maths says it makes sense