The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson

Sounds to me like it was more of a drunken "handbags at dawn" sort of thing.
IE. a bit of pushing and shoving gone a bit to far (been there done that). Most people would just shake hands the day after and go for a pint. The the BBC being the BBC (IE. VERY Politically Correct) decided to make a big meal of it.

Looks like their contracts are up and due for review in a couple of months anyway. Maybe time for JC to split from the BBC (who he appears to hate anyway) and channel hop somewhere where they know and accept what they would be getting.

As to Mike Brewer. I met him once and while he does appear on the TV as a cheeky chappy (could translate this as "knob" I suppose) he came over to me as a pretty decent chap. Quite happy to have a chat with an everyday Joe like me. Not convinced that JC would have given me the time of day... or maybe I'm being a bit hard here, not having met him in person before.

Be a shame if they don't run / make the last few episodes of Top Gear, bit of a waste of License payers money.

Perhaps they will go for an entire fresh lineup?

Renew the program...?

LONDON — British broadcaster the BBC has sacked Jeremy Clarkson, presenter of its hit auto-show “Top Gear.” The BBC is now looking to “renew” the program, which has an audience estimated at more than 350 million in 214 territories worldwide.

Well just read that channel 4 ruled out working with him, so have sky....And apparently itv can't bid for him, which I dont believe.

well good job I have some alcohol at home..will have a few shots on them..sad news..really enjoyed the show :drunk:

I guess we'll see the 3 of them on a Sky show then shortly, with a bigger budget? :smile:

I guess we'll see the 3 of them on a Sky show then shortly, with a bigger budget? :smile:

Sky owner Rupert Murdoch tweeted: “How stupid can BBC be in firing Jeremy Clarkson? Funny man with great expertise and huge following,” leading to speculation that Sky could make an approach.
However, it is understood that Sky is not interested in working with him

no matter what people say or think about them and the show we would love to have a job like that...:rofl:

Indeed.

Easy to think you are toooo BIG to be replaced. Unluckily... no one is that big.

A shame. But everything comes to an end at some point.

Difficult to see at the moment what the BBC will do with TopGear. Please God, not Chris Evans as a presenter.

Not totally convinced that JC hasn't now made himself so toxic, that no other channel will want him. TBC as they say.

Similar Thread Suggestions