The alcohol thread

YES!!

PROPER cider. In that case, got one for you to try if you can find it. Draught only I think. Thatcher’s Cheddar Valley. It’s practically red in colour and you can’t see through it. My word it’s brilliant. Would be a cheap night!!

I’ll get a photo of it when I’m next in the pub.

Or "that cheese stuff" as my mate used to call it.

That's the one that got me started on proper cider!

Reactions: Benno
I'm partial to most cider, but my favorite so far has been Biddendens Strong Kentish Cider 8.4%. Not cloudy, but almost just tastes like apple juice. Place down my way gets in a small supply now and then.

mmmm, getting thirsty.

Guessing you're in Kent?

There's a cider maker there who does a chilli version, can't remember who but it's AMAZING. You need to like heat and chilli though!

Cheddar Valley! That stuff is lethal, looks like red diesel in a glass. I can't remember some brilliant nights drinking that stuff!

Red diesel!!! Bang on. Clearly not as sheltered out here in the sticks as I thought! First time I had one it nearly knocked me for six straight off the bat.

No way?!?! Epic. Got to hunt down that Chili cider.

It’s a Kentish thing only from what I’ve seen sadly. All three I’ve tried have been really good. One was AMAZING.

BUT... you do realise you’re pretty close to cider heaven right? Can fully advise doing the Thatchers tour. Just make sure you’re not driving!

And the very best cider in the world (regular cider, not including ice cider of course!) in my opinion is from just south of Weston Super Mare. Westcroft Janet’s Jungle Juice. 6% medium dry, super drinkable rustic farmhouse stuff. Won shit loads of medals. And the bloke who makes it is an absolute LEGEND.

“All about the apples, see...”

He’s as rustic as his cider!

Reactions: Benno
Do I REALLY need one though? Probably not........... but the devil inside me wants!

4dc03371c1ee7f23b49b43a3eb2ff788.jpg

It’s a Kentish thing only from what I’ve seen sadly. All three I’ve tried have been really good. One was AMAZING.

BUT... you do realise you’re pretty close to cider heaven right? Can fully advise doing the Thatchers tour. Just make sure you’re not driving!

And the very best cider in the world (regular cider, not including ice cider of course!) in my opinion is from just south of Weston Super Mare. Westcroft Janet’s Jungle Juice. 6% medium dry, super drinkable rustic farmhouse stuff. Won shit loads of medals. And the bloke who makes it is an absolute LEGEND.

“All about the apples, see...”

He’s as rustic as his cider!

Very lucky indeed where I am!! So many independent craft ciders floating around that are just brilliant. I think I may get involved with the Thatchers tour, as well as the Weston’s one! Both look awesome!

I’ll try and get hold of some of that most definitely aptly named Jungle Juice...

Reactions: ///M
Do I REALLY need one though? Probably not........... but the devil inside me wants!

4dc03371c1ee7f23b49b43a3eb2ff788.jpg

My mate got one for new year.... used it many times over the season (he’s a City fan, so got more excuses for a beer than being an Everton fan [emoji23] )
But it’s brilliant, lasted a lot longer than I thought too!

Going to invest for summer me thinks

I had all the stuff ready to DA polish my Clio this evening...but the beer garden was calling....

c34aae8e6196d5c66f79850436af9bd3.jpg

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
I'm so glad they don't do a cider one....I'd be all over that.

They do. It's called bag in a box!

We had a box of Jungle Juice on the dining table last summer. That little tap hanging over the edge was SOOOOOO tempting.

It was actually the most accessible drink in the house. Easier to pour a pint of cider than it was to get water...

Was kinda glad when it ran out!

:smiley:

Reactions: Pav