Dryathlon over and first night of alcohol....

iAndy

Platinum Member
Laid in bed feeling like total crap still after going out last night, I don't even know why I drank! The hangover is worst one I've had in years and can't stomach anything at all. Did the dryathlon and did fine at it. Now I just feel like giving up the drink altogether I can't handle this :worried: could be the 32 days of not drinking that's caused it but I didn't enjoy last night... From what I remember and am certainly not enjoying today!

you dont have to drink or if you do just make it last....its expensive these days and i for one cannot justify spending lots on booze just to feel crap the next day....was bad enough last week after a few on a night out :001_huh:

Yeah over £100 spent to feel like this! Should of kept the cash and beat myself up instead lol

Ye, pointless spending that kind of money on feeling like rubbish. I don't do it any more. 1 or 2 until I feel merry, then I stop.

...been dry myself for January....I was ill over xmas so in all I reckon I've been dry for 6 weeks...until yesterday...went out from 2pm....steady all day session....threw up this morning (for the first time ever after booze) and feel rubbish today...getting too old for it now, so may just give up all together.....until next week that is!

It's a myth that staying dry for a month or so actually helps. All that happens is your body adapts to not having the alcohol so when you do finally drink again you feel like crap.

Best thing to do is drink in moderation, or not at all.

I quit drinking about 6 weeks ago and have lost about 8lb in weight! I wasn't a heavy drinker either, a few beers in the week and a 4 pack with the mrs at the weekend.

I feel much better without that poison in my life!

Similar Thread Suggestions