Refused Alcohol

richandgem

Platinum Member
Bit of a rant but here we go

Me and Gem popped down to Sainsbury's earlier to get some supplies for a night in (nibbles and a litre of Vodka):wink: anyways I used the fast track thing, got to the checkout and just as I put on card in the chip and pin machine the cashier tells me to stop. She then asked, in not very clear english for ID. I said "you want to see my ID?" she then points at Gem and say "not yours hers". After pointing out it was me buying the booze she didn't need it but she wouldn't have any of it (Gem had no ID with her btw).

Anyway after litterally emptying my shopping onto the till we walk off in search of the customer services. After a legthy arguement it turns out that Sainsbury's, along with Tesco and Asda, wont sell you alcohol if you are with someone that looks under 25 WTF.

I understand them trying to clamp down on under age drinking but this is taking the p***. The whole matter was made worse by a security guard that seemed to be on a power trip and trying to intimidate us.

After the lengthy arguement that got lots of staff and customer looking at what was going off I went back round on my own and brought the stuff we originally went in for ffs.

Breath out and relax
sorry for the ranty lengthy post but I had to get it off my chest

WTF?? So if you had a teenage sibling or, if your old enough, off spring with you, they wouldnt serve you alcohol? Thats a giraffe!

Or what about a parent with there baby with them? They gonna turn round and say 'Sorry, we cant serve you that, you might give it the baby?'

I'd be as pissed off as you mate!

What a joke that is!! I would of defiantly lost the plot if that was me!

What would happen is you were with your kids? Surly that can't be the case?

I get asked for ID all the time :lol:

had the same thing in tesco a wile back on the way home from picking up my sister from work absolute joke it is

If they wanted to stop under age drink they should go to the corner shops not the big super market. That is completely stupid : younguns are not stupid, they will send someone over in and wait out side. DEU

What a joke that is!! I would of defiantly lost the plot if that was me!

What would happen is you were with your kids? Surly that can't be the case?

I get asked for ID all the time :lol:

That was what I asked, and they said that its down to the cashier but they are asking people for ID if anyone in the party is under age, even if you go through with a kid in a puch chair

should have gone back round and filled your trolley with 100's of items and put it all on the counter then as they started putting it through said "do you know what, for mucking me about I have changed MY MIND" and walked off out of the store :wink:

should have gone back round and filled your trolley with 100's of items and put it all on the counter then as they started putting it through said "do you know what, for mucking me about I have changed MY MIND" and walked off out of the store :wink:

lol I was sooo tempted to do something along those lines mate, the look on her face when I tipped my bag out onto the checkout was hilerious

should have filled a trolley with the most exoensive alcohol there, let her put it through then said, actually nah, i'm not old enough!!!

Stupid cow, you should write a complaint, you never know you might get some money off vouchors or something?

If YOU feel bad about that at your age, imagine how annoying it is for nearly 40 Jase when he gets turned away cos he looks about 15 :wink::wink::wink:

That is weel annoying mate, I still get ID'd and I am 28 in 3 weeks time lol!!!!

Supermarkets give me the hump all the time. I once left a basket of shopping by the till and walked out. It was 2am in one of those 24 hour Tesco stores and when I got to the tills there was only 1 open with a long queue of people waiting! What's the point of opening 24 hours if you don't put on the staff to serve people?

I understand what you mean mate, i used to get asked for ID at a asda i used to be a manager at!!

To clarify everything, its just if the cashier suspects that somebody is buying the alcohol for someone thats with them that they think is underage that they ID. It happened to me a few times when i was a student, i had to refuse quite a few people...

It does suck though.

lol sainsburys refused to sell me a bottle of southern comfort when i was 20. Showed them my i.d and they claimed i had to be 21 to purchase. I told them to f**k off, and walked out and wrote a letter to them. In the end they sent £25 worth of vouchers for my troubles.

I alwasy remember be asked for ID in Adsa once, I had gont in the day before our wedding anniversary to buy some bubbly. It was a £50 bottle of vintage Bolinger and the checkout person was just about to ask me for ID when I mentioned that it wasn't really the sort of thing a 17 year old drinks outside the local sweetshop. She hesitated but didn't ask in the end

Sounds a joke that mate!

I got ID'd last week going into a bar in town. As i passed my ID to the bouncer i said "thanks for the compliment"

Upon looked at my ID and realising i'm 24 he quickly gave it me back, me with a big grin on my face walked into the bar :smile:

Gem was buying something in Sainsburys in the summer with her mum and the cashier asked her if she was enjoyed her school holidays lol, Gem is 28 btw oh and a teacher

i walked in to my grans house to day, was me by a lady "friend of my grans i didnt know" she says" your out erly today", with me and my gran looking blankly at each other and me going "eh" she asked "o are you not at SCHOOL today, i said no iam 22!!!!!!!!! made my day. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:worried:you want to try working for them
i deliver the shopping you cant drop a
loaf of bread off unless the customer is over

Similar Thread Suggestions