The 197 Has Gone

Tom

Platinum Member
Yup - you read right.

Since buying the 172 Cup, I've started falling out of love with the 197 because I personally think, for me and my intended use of the car, that the 172 Cup is better.

I always wanted to track prep the 197 - and I mean, fully track prep. Complete interior out, etc...

However, with buying the full fat 197 I never had a good start.

Now, don't get me wrong - I loved the 197 and as a daily driver it was perfect. Comfortable - fast - beautiful.

However, with a track project set in mind for the future the 172 Cup is perfect for me. The 197 is almost a little too nice, too clean and too neat to strip out.

Another factor in this was finance. I could never live with myself, stripping a car out that's not paid for!

And so...

I traded the 197 in last night and got a Ford KA (11 plate, 5k, 1.3 DCI, 0 owners) for Julianne as she only has an R reg Micra and I felt a little bad for having two petrol drinking machines.

I have no regrets, because I know the 172 will be an amazing project and because I'm now £200 a month better off! haha.

My commitments to this forum and running events won't change. I just hope that the powers on here allow me to continue to be a mod and an area rep...

I do live on here, after all... :wink:

I almost spat my tea out reading that thinking you had traded the 197 in fora KA for yourself lol

Lol God no, the KA is like a mobile vagina.

I put everything back to standard except for the badges, as they are glued on.

I will have a FS thread soon with my bits and stuff will be available for collection at FCS.

Which reminds me - I will still be at FCS but I won't be staying the night, as I will now be getting a lift down on Sunday.

Also, unless I am demoted, all future events go ahead as planned and I'll continue organising stuff and what not. :smile:

Mate, you won't regret it - the 172 Cup is amazing - one of my poorer decisions when I sold mine, although like you circumstance sometimes dictates.

My missus has a 10 plate Ka as well! lol Great cars for around the town - 50mpg we get driving it everywhere (town, motorway etc) £30 quid a year to tax (I think?) and easy/cheap to fix!

Christ, that's come as a shock. I bet the guy selling you the Ka was just the same when he had a look at the p/x too!

I had to stop being the area rep when I sold mine, so I would imagine it'll be the same for you, but you'll have to wait and see.

For me being an area rep is all about enthusiasm and getting people involved and most importantly organising events... All of which you do a great job of Tom. Don't think it matters what you drive as you get other clio owners together from the site. You get my vote for west mids.

For me being an area rep is all about enthusiasm and getting people involved and most importantly organising events... All of which you do a great job of Tom. Don't think it matters what you drive as you get other clio owners together from the site. You get my vote for west mids.

The consistent way on the forum had been to step people down as Arran (west mids) and Kosluk were in recent times, both of whom did decent jobs, however we have been managing to hold onto some of the more experienced guys such as Adrian in recent times, hopefully for the better

Last edited:
Lol God no, the KA is like a mobile vagina.

Lol! I had one before upgrading to the 197 and loved it tbf, but even I called it the Gay-A :tongueout:

Hope you're still sticking around here as well as CS mate, been a great rep.

My missus has a 10 plate Ka as well! lol Great cars for around the town - 50mpg we get driving it everywhere (town, motorway etc) £30 quid a year to tax (I think?) and easy/cheap to fix!
Lol yeah, I was ragging it today and still got 47.1. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough lol!

I had to stop being the area rep when I sold mine, so I would imagine it'll be the same for you, but you'll have to wait and see.
The consistent way on the forum had been to step people down as Arran (west mids) and Kosluk were in recent times, both of whom did decent jobs, however we have been managing to hold onto some of the more experienced guys such as Adrian in recent times, hopefully for the better
I'm hoping that still owning a ClioSport will help my application to continue. I've done so much in six months such as growing the fourth biggest community on here (in six months!!), becoming a moderator and bringing CS and 197.net closer together. I feel I have so much more to come and it would be a shame to demote me. If I have got the West Midlands guys on here and ClioSport attending more meets and TOGETHER, it would be a shame to remove that for the sake of a formality.

Wise move, i was going to put an horses head in your bed.:smiley:
Lol phew!

You get my vote for west mids.
+1 for tom staying rep for me:thumbup:
Hope you're still sticking around here as well as CS mate, been a great rep.
Thanks for the votes of confidence fellas - that's really nice of you. :smile: Rep or no rep, we'll still do shiz, I've no doubt. :smiley:

Last edited:
Oh look whose done what I did!

Looks like a carbon copy tbh, you copied me!! :ban:!! :wink: