Thats Gordini Models Dropping in Value

Won't affect the values ,pretty sure people buy them because they like the colours etc.

Nothing has changed to make them worth less tbh.

Renault are so wrong to refer to their own product as "a mistake", they are idiots.
After spending over 10 years now in sales and marketing, rule number 1 : never ever slate your own product.

At the time, when speccing new, a Gordini came out cheaper than a basic FF 200 with all the options, thats why people bought them.

Atleast they've listened and have said further special editions will include performance upgrades like they used to.

Renault are so wrong to refer to their own product as "a mistake", they are idiots.
After spending over 10 years now in sales and marketing, rule number 1 : never ever slate your own product.

exactly - be better ways of putting it....but way things are at the moment doesnt suprise me!!

all seems bit of a mess - even talking about williams cars and the gp team are rubbish and dropping renault engines soon...so someone is out of tune with whats going on :thumbdown:

He's only said what everyone was already thinking. A 200 Gordini is no worse a car than a normal 200 so prices won't be affected in the slightest. Even so, they no longer make the car so it's no biggie to them.

It's a non-story.

I dont think either the 200 Gordini or Twingo Gordini are current products anymore though, they have stopped being sold so the damage is minimal.

The only impact is to people who own either of those 2 models and they only purchased them due to the spec for price they offered which remains unchanged.

Last edited:
Perhaps everyone's missing the point here?

It seems Renault have moved away from hardcore RS fans with the new Clio RS, and perhaps this hint to future more performance focused gordini / williams versions is to appease and appeal to that section of their established market.

Perhaps they're trying to have their cake and eat it here? Marketing mistake or strategic move?

yeh Nick totally agree.

I kind of sway more to the marketing mistake.

No matter what anyone thinks, the Gordini is awesome, love the Clio in that outfit, shame Renault dont :smile:

I really don't get this Clio Williams business, if it was going to be done then the outgoing 200 was the car to do it on when the deal was announced, not when Williams announce they are going to Merc. Also lets hope they do a Gordini version of the 200T but I fear this will still have the auto box

The Gordini on white Speedlines is epic. Closely followed by black Speedlines.

The Gordini wheels just didn't work.

yeh Nick totally agree.

No matter what anyone thinks, the Gordini is awesome, love the Clio in that outfit, shame Renault dont :smile:

Reminds me of the managing director of ratners.- that's why they went bust.

The dini never made many friends. Pig ugly, crap styling, Halfords wheels, No recaros.

THe list is endless.

that's why the market is littered with ones that don't sell no matter what the asking price.

S

I agree with the first point there. I feel they have devalued the Gordini name with what was effectively a styling exercise (and on the 200 a bad one at that). The Gordini name used to stand for more than a lick of paint and some vinyl. Irreparable damage may have been done to what Renault want the badge to stand for.

For your second point I feel that while yes the colour and the white stripes look ok the wheels were/are awful looking and theres not enough special things about the car to justify the badge and the asking price at the time. My 200 although red (a colour I much prefer) feels more special as it has recaros and speedlines. I could have bought a blue 200 and made it look fundamentally the same for a few hundred to my local painter and not paid the extravagant price Renault wanted.

The Gordini on white Speedlines is epic. Closely followed by black Speedlines.

The Gordini wheels just didn't work.

Agree, the wheels are the worst thing. I never think colour coded wheels look good.