Tested the 197 with the gtech!!!

Now for the excuses 1st lol!!

1. Its not running right, thats the reson for me spending over 1K in a weeks time to fix it.....

2. My tyres are bald, very bald so unable to launch it to 60 properly as anything over 2k I get spinning wheels!!!!

3. I dont know how to launch a car properly anyway lol!![:$][:$]

Best time of three to 60 was 6.53 secs, worst was 6.72. [:^(][:^(]

Now for the excuses 1st lol!!

1. Its not running right, thats the reson for me spending over 1K in a weeks time to fix it.....

2. My tyres are bald, very bald so unable to launch it to 60 properly as anything over 2k I get spinning wheels!!!!

3. I dont know how to launch a car properly anyway lol!![:$][:$]

Best time of three to 60 was 6.53 secs, worst was 6.72. [:^(][:^(]

That's not bad but IMO it will be much better when you fine tune the car.

Mine did 6,67s 0-60, and 14,83s 1/4miles.

Yours should be much faster. ~6,3-6,4 and ~14,4s 1/4miles.

Can't wait for the final results. :thumbup:

That's not such a bad result. Doubt really that the std 197 does the sprint in 6.9 :blink:

That's not bad but IMO it will be much better when you fine tune the car.

Mine did 6,67s 0-60, and 14,83s 1/4miles.

Yours should be much faster. ~6,3-6,4 and ~14,4s 1/4miles.

Can't wait for the final results. :thumbup:

Should be matey, I dont know how to "launch" the 197 tho to be honest!! When I have new tyres and grip will try it, how do you do it??

the 1/4 time of mine will be a good bit faster I think as it pulls to 100 real quick!!

Should be matey, I dont know how to "launch" the 197 tho to be honest!! When I have new tyres and grip will try it, how do you do it??

the 1/4 time of mine will be a good bit faster I think as it pulls to 100 real quick!!

It all depends of the quality of the tarmac you're on.

But here are some of my launch "sequences":

If you're using Conti's - deflate them to 1,6bar (better starting grip, but they will make some extra spin resistance later on at higher speeds)
3500rpm
clutch pedal lift just to the point when it starts to move the car (don't know ho to express myself better, sorry ;/)
handbrake on to the point the car lifts
release handbrake and in the same time SLOWLY (but not to slowly, you have to get the feeling of it - just enough FAST not to spin your wheels to much - 1 spin, 2 spins max) release clutch pedal, and for the first second HOLD your foot on the throttle, and when you felt you have enough grip - FLOOR THE MOTHAFCKA!

1/4mile:

You will know you did great time if you do 1/4mile in your 3rd gear - if you had a great start. And if you didn't you'll probably do 1/4miles in 4th gear.
You need to change your gears really fast for the good time in 1/4 (and I mean fast).

This is how I did 14,83s in 1/4 miles

Last edited:
Sorry for the offtopic :blink:

We gotta meet once so I see how your Clipo goes :biggrin:

Of course, but by then I will have cams installed. Hopefully...

Ill do some quarter times later and report back!!

Great! But I don't know if you realize that those times will be WITHOUT your reaction time? I had 14,83 with my reaction time of 0,51s (any reaction below 0,5s is a disqualification).

Without reaction time, and with G-Tech I did 14,6s on the normal road...

Great! But I don't know if you realize that those times will be WITHOUT your reaction time? I had 14,83 with my reaction time of 0,51s (any reaction below 0,5s is a disqualification).

Hmm, I havent a clue with all these rules lol!! I will just see what time I get!!

Hmm, I havent a clue with all these rules lol!! I will just see what time I get!!

The rule is: No human can react faster than 0,5s. So if you react faster you are disqualified, and there is a red light on your scoreboard.

Do you have a G-Tech with a traffic light option? Try it like that after you tried it without.

I had my run times on paper (first time i had ever done it) I'll look them out for this thread.

Standard R27 and two people in the car at the time including myself.

I had a full tank in mine too :smiley:

Believe me, 50kg is a lot when it comes to the N/A cars, especially 197.

When I street race with my girlfriend in my car (50kg) I'm only 2 lengths faster, but when I ride solo, it's 3-3.5 lenghts.

14.6??? surely that means you have a sub 15 second to 100mph clio? impressive!