Tarmac Rally Car

1st stage from the weekend, finished 1st stage 13th quickest, just got to 6th stage out of 8 when we found power steering pipe had cracked, so end of rally

2nd time we have cracked a pipe so have to get hoses made

http://youtu.be/Xxbfz5yfF_8

The YouTube clip looks like a lot of fun. Sorry to hear of the DNF. Is the engine so hungry for high revs, and presumably like the road going version has little power low in the rev range, that so many of those 90 left and rights are first gear? Or have you chosen particular ratios in the Sadev to suit?

yes bogs down a bit at low revs, we use same ratio all year, just some of the corners are so close sometimes quicker to stay in gear

I guessed that would be the case. These things don't have much low down grunt.

or be more braver and keep it in 2nd

: ) brave is best. Later in the stage you seemed to have greater momentum when in second for 90's that weren't quite as tight; or didn't have solid objects on the outside...solid objects always act like magnets in my experience! Good luck on the next event and thanks for sharing all your experiences.

new clutch and flywheel fitted
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

difference between standard clutch

Attachments

• 20150526_103113.jpg
    20150526_103113.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 176
  • 20150526_103510.jpg
    20150526_103510.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 20150526_104540.jpg
    20150526_104540.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 173
Looking good but I bet that will be pretty grabby? But then I guess with the sequential (and the fact it's not a road car!) it matters much less.

fitting not going to well, standard slave cylinder not working with the new clutch, i suspect need to space out the slave cylinder a bit, its never easy

arse :worried: is this a Renault Sport part or have you gone custom? Anything you can utilise from the R3 bits although I'm guessing as you have the box you probably have most of the required bits already?

standard road car slave cylinder cup race and R3 uses same part, R3 uses different gearbox, have asked question with renaultsport

ah didn't realise the cup and r3 used different boxes - both sadev right?

be interesting to know what RS say - not that I'll likely ever fit a sequential but always good to know these things in case!

what combo are you trying to fit; cup racer box, R3 ap clutch setup, standard slave. ?

yes both sadev, but difrent boxes

found this on helix website

[h=4]Concentric Slave Cylinders[/h]If a flat faced Concentric slave cylinder or flat faced release bearing is to be used, then a Top-Plate (TP) must be added to the top of your cover assembly.
This sits on top of the fingers for the release bearing to actuate against.
Adding a top pad will increase the setup height of the cover by 6mm

got the clio re mapped today after fitting the R3 Manifold

graph shows before and after the manifold

attachment.php

Attachments

• mapjune15.jpg
    mapjune15.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 156

Similar Thread Suggestions