Suspension questions - H&R Vs Eibach

Hello Ppl,

I am a new guy to this forum and I must say, some of you have some killer rides...:wink:

I am a proud owner of clio 197 std, in black. Below is how my babe looks...:001_tt1:

xhN1R.jpg

The only mods I have done till now is an ITG Air Filter. I must tell you, getting after market parts in Dubai is practically close to impossible. I had to order the filter and silicon induction hoses from K-Tec.

Coming to the point, would any of you please help me out by posting pictures of their rides (preferably non-cup) clio 197s with H&R springs as well as Eibach springs. I cant seem to make up my mind. Also, the K-Tec website mentions that they have both, which i'm sure most of you know already.

Eibach:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2138&appid=3

H&R:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3704&appid=3

Has anyone bought these springs from them? If so, the pics of their ride will be highly appreciated.

thanks guys for your help!

hiya there nikumars, heres mine on 40mm H&Rs, then again the ktec ones are 30mm and i dont think you can get the 40mm anymore.

29012010005.jpg

have you tinted your rear lights Ryan? Any pics from behind they look awesome :smile:
I'm sure if you contacted H&R direct you could still get the 40mm springs?

hiya there nikumars, heres mine on 40mm H&Rs, then again the ktec ones are 30mm and i dont think you can get the 40mm anymore.

29012010005.jpg

damn thats a neat ride...ryan!!!:drool:

yes the website states it does not have any 40mms. I guess 30mm should be fine. But from what i see on the site is that the H&R are not progressive so i guess the ride will also be a bit harsh on uneven surfaces...hows your ride experience on those grounds (pun intended :wink:)

Might be worth speaking to these guys...they do spring kits for cup and non cup cars.
Seems to be an inhouse design but also features uprated bumpstops etc

Lowering springs
€ 276.00

Progressive bumpstops, front axle
€ 19.00

Assembly costs
€ 347.00

Wheel geometry and alignment adjustments
€ 114.00

Notes:
Clio RS versions with normal RS-suspension

Lowering Front* - 25 mm

Lowering Rear** - 30 mm

http://www.madenoracing.com/performance/

Last edited:
I've recently put eibach springs on.
Its lowered the FF Clio 197 by 20mm at the front and 30mm at the back although they said it would be 25mm at the back!

I really like them they look natural but more purposeful than the standard 'off road' springs that come on the car: :tongueout:anic:
The ride is a bit firmer for sure but they take bumps really well and cornering is improved.

Here are a couple of pics from the day they were fitted; they probably settled in a bit more now.

P1030107.jpg

P1030114.jpg

ride is firmer yes. But would say harsh with the h&rs. Still quite soft over uneven road surfaces.

I've recently put eibach springs on.
Its lowered the FF Clio 197 by 20mm at the front and 30mm at the back although they said it would be 25mm at the back!

I really like them they look natural but more purposeful than the standard 'off road' springs that come on the car: :tongueout:anic:
The ride is a bit firmer for sure but they take bumps really well and cornering is improved.

Here are a couple of pics from the day they were fitted; they probably settled in a bit more now.

P1030107.jpg

P1030114.jpg

Niiiice, really damn nice...I guess the Eibach is a more practical for an everyday driver...and considering the fact that i live in a desert, you never know when there might be a sand dune to drive across...lol! :lol:

I guess ill go ahead and get the Eibach...:smile:

Thanks guys...you've been very helpful...but i dont mind more pics and comments coming through! :smiley: