Suspension knock

Anyone had any issues with either the shock absorber or the top mount knocking ? Got slight play in the NSF when the car is on the ramp, can be heard when driving on slightly bumpy roads only

Anyone had any issues with either the shock absorber or the top mount knocking ? Got slight play in the NSF when the car is on the ramp, can be heard when driving on slightly bumpy roads only

if its up on a ramp why cant you narrow it down to whats faulty?

its the only way to sort it!

i have the same problem, no play in any joint or anything, but knock at the potholes every time.

if its up on a ramp why cant you narrow it down to whats faulty?

its the only way to sort it!

Good question!

If you have it on a ramp and can see/feel the play then surely you can pinpoint the cause? Or am I missing something?

Where is said play exactly?

front suspension is quite complicated and theres a few ball joints and links that can wear and make noise so its best to have it checked rather than just asking and guessing....:s

Did you find out what it was mines the same, knocking from n/s/f over bumps potholes etc but I can't get any play when it's on the ramp so cannot find the worn part ?

I had a similar problem when I first bought the car, garage couldn't find any play or movement in anything. In the end they put a shock absorber on it on the NSF and the knocking was cured!!

Got round to checking today as it's not moved since May. Play in the shock absorber on the valve plate so new on ordered for Tuesday