Suspension Knock - Advise please!

Ok so I have just had some H&R lowering springs fitted and now have a knock from the offside front at low speed over repeated harsh bumps (worse when turning into a corner with some lock). Doesn't make a noise when going over speedbumps or at speed.

There was a slight noise when dropping off the drive before so the springs may have made this worse.

What should I be looking at first?

To remove the springs only the droplink and topmount where removed and all off these where checked after we found the knock and everything is tight?

Thanks

Sam

Thanks chaps, got some ordered will see if it helps car has only done 30k and its only on one side?

Seems strange that the knock has only become bad after being lowered.

Mine was worse when I had springs changed!!
Better to change both sides as you coul change the one part and then the next week knocking starts the other side, changing these transformed my car!

mine only went on the passager side, mine wasnt long after a track day.

Unfortunately the stiff suspension transfers more stress and strain throughout the car.

My 200 broke down at 6k so early worn parts wouldnt surprise me

Lots of info in the link I posted, order from the parts place that I ordered from, £46 posted for the 2!

Will get these fitted and let you know if it cures it. The H&R springs are fantastic though car seems to have a lot more grip and feels more planted, really impressed as I was thinking they would have a negative effect.

Excellent news then, I want h&rs but haven't got round to buying some yet, as I think I will need a new steering rack!

Fingers crossed it will cure it for you, but from what you described it sounded like what I was having!

They are a great modification ride is slightly stiffer but still composed and as I said have loads more front end grip out of corners. What are your symptoms of rack failure? Thanks for the advise hope its not anything major.

Ok so had my arm links replaced and they have made no difference. The problem seems to be the drivers side shock making the clonking when pressing down the car also feels softer on that shock than the other side.